Contribute
Register

Need help! - MacOS High Sierra - Asus Z370, i7 8700, GTX 1060 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplugged, rebooted only with USB, the same thing happens only it says Boot Legacy Windows (windows is nowhere near though). I think it has to do with windows bootloader interfering with Clover. When I select that option, again black screen and cursor blinking, nothing happening.
And bios setting for 'other OS' is on?

Can you guys please unplug your windows drive? And see what happens then?
Hi MacBooky,

I unplugged all of the NTFS Drives too and nothing came up. I can't find XHCI Hand Off in my Bios either which apparently can be an issue... Updated my bios to the recent December 2017 one from the Asus website, tried all steps again and nothing.

Doing my head in! So annoying.

Hi MacBooky,

I unplugged all of the NTFS Drives too and nothing came up. I can't find XHCI Hand Off in my Bios either which apparently can be an issue... Updated my bios to the recent December 2017 one from the Asus website, tried all steps again and nothing.

Doing my head in! So annoying.

In post #4, I told you what is equivalent to XHCI handoff.

In post #4, I told you what is equivalent to XHCI handoff.
Yes PastryChef - It's all set to Disabled, and I tried setting it to Enabled but that doesn't work either.

The BIOS settings are only responsible for getting the USB flash drive booted and you guys are indeed getting to Clover... So BIOS settings should be correct.

Once Clover is loaded, it is responsible for seeing the Install macOS partition on the USB flash drive. This is where you guys are stuck...

Bummer, I'm experiencing the exact same issue with a Gigabyte Z370N, i5 8600k, and 32GB RAM...

I have modified all the BIOS settings accordingly, followed the instructions with Unibeast, and no dice.

Clover loads fine, but it can't see the High Sierra installer no matter what I do.

I've:
  1. tried with vanilla Unibeast
  2. added HFSPlus.efi
  3. reinstalled newest Clover
  4. tried your exact EFI + UHD630 directory, pastrychef
  5. tried a USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 drive
Would love if there was some magic bullet for this, but I'm discouraged at this point. My assumption is that since I'm getting into clover I should be able to see the OSX partition with the HFSPlus.efi...

same problem here on z270,
just created a sierra usb from unibeast 7 and try it in the same machine: the HFS partition to install is shown.

Last edited:
If Sierra works, you can build a USB installer with macOS 10.12.6. This version supports Kaby Lake. So you just have to edit the config.plist to spoof Kaby Lake. Then upgrade to High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back