Contribute
Register

Need help! - MacOS High Sierra - Asus Z370, i7 8700, GTX 1060 6GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience with Legacy installations... Why are you not using UEFI? You have B250 chipset which should not have any issues with UEFI.
I am using uefi bios settings and uefi unibeast settings... I guess Windows is Legacy by default and that shouldn't be a problem.

Ah... My mistake.

I had trouble booting from the UniBeast created USB installer too. Like I said to OP in post #2, you can try replacing the EFI folder in your USB installer with my EFI.

Do you have HFSPlus.efi in your /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/?

Have you tried a different USB flash drive?
Yeah I tried this as well, but nothing :/

I am using uefi bios settings and uefi unibeast settings... I guess Windows is Legacy by default and that shouldn't be a problem.
I tried Legacy just to see if it would work.

Also I tried installing using UniBeast and Terminal but nothing... It may be my download copy of Mac OS but I doub't that as it's from the App Store 5.25GB or something.

I don't have any experience with Legacy installations... Why are you not using UEFI? You have B250 chipset which should not have any issues with UEFI.

@pastrychef We near enough have the same specs, I wish I could boot like you did. Did you make a tutorial? Think I may need some help from you.

Look at the bottom of my post. Link is in my signature.

Ah... My mistake.

I had trouble booting from the UniBeast created USB installer too. Like I said to OP in post #2, you can try replacing the EFI folder in your USB installer with my EFI.
Just did that and still no luck, although now I don't get any boot options, not even the windows ones :p

Just did that and still no luck, although now I don't get any boot options, not even the windows ones :p

Yes, my config.plist hides the legacy stuff.

If you still don't see the install macOS option from the USB flash drive, something else is wrong. it's not the EFI folder or the config.plist. I suggest making sure your BIOS is set correctly and/or try redoing the USB installer.

Can you guys please unplug your windows drive? And see what happens then?
Unplugged, rebooted only with USB, the same thing happens only it says Boot Legacy Windows (windows is nowhere near though). I think it has to do with windows bootloader interfering with Clover. When I select that option, again black screen and cursor blinking, nothing happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back