Contribute
Register

Need help. Intermittent error allocating...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 AORUSorus Elite AX DDR4
CPU
i9-12900K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Couldn't allocate runtime area. Boot failed.

The odd thing is that it will eventually work ok after I restart about 2x. No issues once it's up and running.

What would cause that - and what can I do about it. It's a pain to have to keep recycling until I get a good boot.

Any help is appreciated.

- I

Disabled the onboard intel graphics on my mobo and now everything is fine.

Thanks. I Need to check mine as well. I'm getting radom intermittent boot errors with "Boot fails with Error allocating 0x#### pages at 0x####... alloc type 2" since the last update. I've tried all the solutions, but no luck so far.

This has been a pain in the ass upgrade. But in retrospect I made some mistakes in the process.

- I didn't erase/repartition the HD prior to USB install. So even though the USB install worked ok, the drive would never boot by itself etc. Once I erased and reinstalled, I completed the build properly and booting was more stable.

- hadn't ever flashed my bios to the latest/greatest.

- I was a little too slack with setting my bios to recommended settings. This created situations where the system would just crash in the middle of doing stuff.

- Didn't disable my onboard intel graphics. That was my latest one. It keep giving me intermittent "error allocating". Since yesterday, it's been super stable and reboots/boots successfully all the time now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back