Contribute
Register

Need help installing Ventura on Asus z390-p i7-9700 iGPU graphics

In your USBPorts.kext info.plist, the ports listing has HS13 as USBConnector Value 3, but the comment (in German, I think) says it is a 2.0 Bluetooth controller, and if so, the UsbConnector Value should be 255 (internal). Also, there are 17 ports, which exceeds the maximum of 15 allowed by Apple. (One other thing... the comments vary among the different ports. Don't know what that means. My USBPorts.kext has no comments categories at all.

I have to leave for a while and will return later to look at your EFI folder overall once again.
Thanks,
I'll try and sort out the problems with the portsfile.
Also in this File I changed system definitions with an editor in two places from 18,1 (Which I have in Cataline where I created the file to 19,1 which I have to boot Ventura with and is the definition used in the definitons of the OC Config.)
Maybe there is something else that needs to be changed. I don't know about this...

Ok,
I redid the ports kext. Should be only 13 entries now with hopefully correct speed.
I included it here:

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I redid the ports kext. Should be only 13 entries now with hopefully correct speed.
I included it here:
Okay, number of ports is good now. However, the info.plist file still indicates it is for a SMBIOS of iMac18,1 and you wrote that you have changed it in your Platform/Generic section to iMac19,1 (which should be fine for Monterey and Ventura as well). But the USBPorts.kext file needs to be custom-designed for iMac19,1. Don't know if you can fix that by editing the info.plist or if you need to make a new USBPorts.kext from Hackintool.

Just getting started on reviewing your latest EFI folder... back later.

Another Look at your current EFI folder:Your ACPI files are different from the files in OpenCore 0.8.6. Using MaciASL.app, I have compared your files with mine (which are from 0.8.6.)

The zipped folder I have uploaded contains four JPEG comparisons of your four ACPI files, which are shown on the left side of each image, and mine, which are on the right. If you look at the images, you can see they are quite different. With the exception of SSDT-PLUG.aml (which I have edited to reduce its size), your files should look like mine. But they do not.
(Will continue looking at your EFI folder.)

Attachments

• ACPI Comparisons.zip
    981.4 KB · Views: 17
1. In config.plist/Booter/Qkuirks, if as you wrote previously you have disabled Vt-d in your BIOS, you can change SetupVirtualMap Value from YES to NO. (That would then match my value on my computer at left.)
2. In config.plist/DeviceProperties, I just cannot help... there are too many differences that I do not understand. You need to question an administrator or moderator about that. For your reference, here is an image of the DeviceProperties section of my config.plist:
DevideProperties.jpg

3. You have an error in config.plist/Kernel/Add/6: It looks like you changed half of that item from WhateverGreen to USBPorts and left the other half alone. This screws up both WhateverGreen.kext and USBPorts.kext. You need to change it back to WhateverGreen and then add another item. The new item should look like this:
USBPorts Listing.jpg

4. In Kernel/Quirks, you have both DisableIoMapper Value and DisableRTCChecksum Value set to YES; I have NO for both items. No expert here, but mine works.
5. In Misc/Tools/0, you have OpenShell.efi "Enabled" Value YES. I would suggest (unless you are actually using it) you set that to NO.
6. in NVRAM/Add/third item, boot-args, what does "darkwake=0" actually do? I don't know... sorry for my ignorance.
7. In UEFI/Quirks, as you wrote, EnableVectorAcceleration is still at NO. Maybe we just have to agree to disagree... mine is at YES.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Hi,
first: big thank you for checking all of this.
I found:
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP and SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP: fake Embedded Controller for macOS Catalina on Skylake and later and AMD systems, also fix USB power.

So I probably won't even need this SSDT.

SSDT-AWAC.aml: I was told to include this by an admin in a previous Thread, so I did. You have the DISABLE file for some reason...
The other SSDT I updated to be all compatible with OC 0.8.6
I didn't know that they have to be tweaked...
That would be totally beyond me...
The "Plug" file: you seem to be using "ACDT" where I seem to be using "DRTNIA"
Don't know anything about this.
Don't know why the PMC file is different...

About the ports file:
I did create a file that you mentioned has the right number of ports.
However I don't know if I did change the definition correct.
I opened the package of the file and found only two references to the defintion which I changed (screenshot) I don't know if this is all that needs to be changed.

in hackintool I seem to be able to just create a file with the loaded definition.
Also, when I sweep the USB section in Hackintool and load my created file it is not showing correctly.
But when I check the package, I can see the changes I made.

I did change:
SetupVirtualMap Value from YES to NO

In config.plist/DeviceProperties:
I think all this is for the internal graphics. Even if this is faulty, I don't think it's part of the problem I have now..

I think the screwup I have is with the portsfile and whatevergreen.
I think I corrected this in plist. But I'm not sure. I had to add the portfile, right?
because when I tried to boot now it tells me:
17:735 00:340 OC: Image Kexts\USBPorts.kext\Contents\MacOS\USBPorts is missing for injected kext USBPorts.kext (XHC ports configuration)

I don't know what to do...
I have the portskext in the folder and added the reference in the configfile.

I have to say, they make it sound so easy, but it takes hours of tweaking just to get a standard system even to boot )-:

Also for some reason my bootloader is missing the graphic interface...
I made a picture.

If you have the nerve, you can maybe check the new config file I attached to see if the whatevergreen and port files are in there correct. But it's ok, if you say that's it...
THANKS!!

oger

Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 11.55.48.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 12.06.57.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 12.08.13.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 12.10.13.jpgScreenshot 2022-11-20 at 12.56.45.jpg

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    5.4 KB · Views: 20
Hi,
first: big thank you for checking all of this.
I found:
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP and SSDT-EC-USBX-LAPTOP: fake Embedded Controller for macOS Catalina on Skylake and later and AMD systems, also fix USB power.

So I probably won't even need this SSDT.

SSDT-AWAC.aml: I was told to include this by an admin in a previous Thread, so I did. You have the DISABLE file for some reason...
The other SSDT I updated to be all compatible with OC 0.8.6
I didn't know that they have to be tweaked...
That would be totally beyond me...
The "Plug" file: you seem to be using "ACDT" where I seem to be using "DRTNIA"
Don't know anything about this.
Don't know why the PMC file is different...

About the ports file:
I did create a file that you mentioned has the right number of ports.
However I don't know if I did change the definition correct.
I opened the package of the file and found only two references to the defintion which I changed (screenshot) I don't know if this is all that needs to be changed.

in hackintool I seem to be able to just create a file with the loaded definition.
Also, when I sweep the USB section in Hackintool and load my created file it is not showing correctly.
But when I check the package, I can see the changes I made.

I did change:
SetupVirtualMap Value from YES to NO

In config.plist/DeviceProperties:
I think all this is for the internal graphics. Even if this is faulty, I don't think it's part of the problem I have now..

I think the screwup I have is with the portsfile and whatevergreen.
I think I corrected this in plist. But I'm not sure. I had to add the portfile, right?
because when I tried to boot now it tells me:
17:735 00:340 OC: Image Kexts\USBPorts.kext\Contents\MacOS\USBPorts is missing for injected kext USBPorts.kext (XHC ports configuration)

I don't know what to do...
I have the portskext in the folder and added the reference in the configfile.

I have to say, they make it sound so easy, but it takes hours of tweaking just to get a standard system even to boot )-:

Also for some reason my bootloader is missing the graphic interface...
I made a picture.

If you have the nerve, you can maybe check the new config file I attached to see if the whatevergreen and port files are in there correct. But it's ok, if you say that's it...
THANKS!!

oger

View attachment 558465View attachment 558466View attachment 558467View attachment 558468View attachment 558469
USBPorts.kext does not have an executable
delete the value:

ExecutablePath that says Contents/MacOS/USBPorts
ok, will delete that.
I takt it, the location is correct in the kext folder with the other kexts (lilu, whatevergreen and others)?

ok, will delete that.
I takt it, the location is correct in the kext folder with the other kexts (lilu, whatevergreen and others)?
your other kexts has executables so are needed to be defined in your config.plist

Back