Contribute
Register

Need help installing Ventura on Asus z390-p i7-9700 iGPU graphics

In the second picture (seen below), note that the first and third "Value" entries look incompatible. You have "00009B3E" in the first line, but "983E0000" in the third. Shouldn't the third line be "9B3E0000? (A "B" there instead of an "8"?)
I don't know.
But I guess that has to do with graphics. And is probably not related to the Problem I have booting from USB...

Moved my last post here...

Looked at your latest EFI folder. I see you have attempted to update from OpenCore 0.8.5 to 0.8.6. However this is not a 100% 0.8.6 version. Comments below.

1. In EFI/OC/ACPI, your SSDT-AWAC.aml is dated 8/6/20. This should be SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml dated 11/7/22 from the Opencore 0.8.6 release. Also:
Your SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml is dated 8/6/20 but should be SSDT-EC-USBX.aml dated 11/7/22.
Your SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml dated 8/6/20 should be replaced by SSDT-PLUG.aml dated 11/7/22.
Your SSDT-PMC.aml dated 8/6/20 should be replaced by SSDT-PMC.aml dated 11/7/22.
2. I don't think you need "Bootstrap.efi"... maybe I'm wrong, but that is not a part of OpenCore 0.8.6.
3. In OC/Drivers, your HfsPlus.efi is dated 7/7/20, but this may be okay... not obtained from OpenCore, which uses OpenHfsPlus.efi instead. (I use OpenHfsPlus.efi, but the config.plist has to be changed to match, if that change is made.)
4. In EFI/OC/Resources/Image, I have an "Acidanthera" folder, but you have a list of icons. If it works for you, fine.
5. In EFI/OC/Kexts, if you have IntelMausi.kext (this is an Ethernet-related file), I don't think you need LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext, or RealRTL8111.kext. But I could be wrong.
6. In EFI/OC/Kexts, you are missing USBPorts.kext or an equivalent USB ports configuration file.
7. In config.plist, if you update the EFI/OC/ACPI files, you also need to update config.plist/ACPI/Add to match.
8. In config.plist/DeviceProperties, see my previous post.
9. In config.plist/Kernel/Quirks, you have a few differences with my set, but don't know how to comment on them, except FOR SURE you may NOT have XhcPortLimit Value at YES for the later versions of MacOS.
10. In config.plist/Misc/Boot, you have PickerAttributes Value 1; I have 17. Don't know what this one does.
11. In Misc/Security, you have SecureBootModel Value Default, I have Disabled. You are probably okay there... I'm a little paranoid about that one. Or maybe not paranoid enough.
12. In config.plist/UEFI/AppleInput, my listing is straight OpenCore; yours is quite different. The Audio section is quite different too. Don't know why.
13. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, you still have FirmwareVolume Value NO; I'm pretty sure you need to change that to YES. It has to do with using Acidanthera stuff from OpenCore instead of Apple stuff in the MacOS. Don't know any more than that, sorry.
14. In UEFI/Quirks, you have EnableVectorAcceleration Value NO. Mine is set to YES; does that have something to do with you using internal graphics whereas I have a DGPU?

And that's all, folks!

Last edited:
ok, so:

did update SSDT-AWAC.aml

updated:
SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml
SSDT-PLUG-DRTNIA.aml
SSDT-PMC.aml

deleted bootstrap Folder (no longer needed in newer versions of OC
but I didn't make a change in config.plist about this.

left HfsPlus for now.

I deleted LucyRTL8125Ethernet.kext and RealRTL8111.kext
I have:
Intel I219V7

Added USBPorts.kext
Also in the config. Hope I did this correct (see screenshot)

did download/Update ACPI

8. In config.plist/DeviceProperties, see my previous post.
If it won't work, I#ll check this later.

10. In config.plist/Misc/Boot, you have PickerAttributes Value 1; I have 17. Don't know what this one does.
didn't change this

11. In Misc/Security, you have SecureBootModel Value Default, I have Disabled. You are probably okay there... I'm a little paranoid about that one. Or maybe not paranoid enough.
didn't change this

12. In config.plist/UEFI/AppleInput, my listing is straight OpenCore; yours is quite different. The Audio section is quite different too. Don't know why.
didn't change this

13. In UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, you still have FirmwareVolume Value NO; I'm pretty sure you need to change that to YES. It has to do with using Acidanthera stuff from OpenCore instead of Apple stuff in the MacOS. Don't know any more than that, sorry.
Changed that value to True

14. In UEFI/Quirks, you have EnableVectorAcceleration Value NO. Mine is set to YES; does that have something to do with you using internal graphics whereas I have a DGPU?
Found this, so I left it False:
UEFI > Quirks > added EnableVectorAcceleration: enable AVX vector acceleration of SHA-512 and SHA-384 hashing algorithms. Failsafe value is False. If it's true, the signature verification process when OpenCore has a password is faster.

Booted, but the OC boot menu was not graphic. (says something about it in the log file I included
Didn't give me a choice to reset NVRAM.
tried to boot anyways.
Halted with this:
40:327 00:357 OC: Image Kexts\USBPorts.kext\Contents\MacOS\WhateverGreen is missing for injected kext USBPorts.kext ()

I guess my kext order needs to be changed. How can I do this, and what's the order?
Screenshot 2022-11-19 at 12.31.33.jpg

Attachments

• opencore-2022-11-19-115316.txt
    256 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Now I changed the order and moved kext Whatevergreen up in OC configurator but I still get the error:
WhateverGreen is missing for injected kext USBPorts.kext
It is installed!
version 1.6.1 which is the newest I guess...
Lilu 1.6.2 also.

Last edited:
Sure.
USBPorts.kext is in the OC kext folder.
Is that not correct?
Here is the entire EFI:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.6 MB · Views: 23
Same file you should find in my OC kext folder...
(Had to zip it)

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 14
In your USBPorts.kext info.plist, the ports listing has HS13 as USBConnector Value 3, but the comment (in German, I think) says it is a 2.0 Bluetooth controller, and if so, the UsbConnector Value should be 255 (internal). Also, there are 17 ports, which exceeds the maximum of 15 allowed by Apple. (One other thing... the comments vary among the different ports. Don't know what that means. My USBPorts.kext has no comments categories at all.

I have to leave for a while and will return later to look at your EFI folder overall once again.

Back