Contribute
Register

Need help installing Ventura on Asus z390-p i7-9700 iGPU graphics

ok,
so I should be good now. Just deleted the ExecutablePath,
Screenshot 2022-11-20 at 20.20.36.jpg

oger,
I'm not sure you understood what I was trying to tell you in the four images I uploaded in my post #53 above. The pics on the left are images of the ACPI files you have in your EFI/OC/ACPI folder. The pics on the right are from the official "OpenCore-0.8.6-RELEASE/Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries" folder. These are what I use and what you should also be using.

Also, if you look at my item 3 in my post 54, you will see that there is no executable Value in the image I posted of what the USBPorts listing should look like. I see that Feartech has covered that, too.

Please copy the ACPI Binary files from "OpenCore-0.8.6-RELEASE/Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries" and replace your files with those. Yours are out-of-date! Acidanthera folks are now maintaining OpenCore, not Dortania.

Last edited:
oger,
I'm not sure you understood what I was trying to tell you in the four images I uploaded in my post #53 above. The pics on the left are the ACPI files you have in your EFI/OC/ACPI folder. The pics on the right are from the official "OpenCore-0.8.6-RELEASE/Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries" folder. These are what I use and what you should also be using.

Also, if you look at my item 3 in my post 54, you will see that there is no executable Value in the image I posted of what the USBPorts listing should look like. I see that Feartech has covered that, too.

Please copy the ACPI Binary files from "OpenCore-0.8.6-RELEASE/Docs/ACPISamples/Binaries" and replace your files with those. Yours are out-of-date! Acidanthera folks are now maintaining OpenCore, not Dortania.
ok, got it!

Last edited:
Just a quick follow up!
I got it installed.
I guess it was mainly the faulty USBPorts.kext I implemented wrong.
Installation went smooth otherwise.
I halted at an error for a while but then continued.
I also created a unique serial according to guide.
Now gotta fix bluetooth (my adapter isn't working) and hot plugging SATA (drives not showing up)
but nothing that's too terrible.

Thanks all, especially wstrohm!

Just a quick follow up!
I got it installed.
I guess it was mainly the faulty USBPorts.kext I implemented wrong.
Installation went smooth otherwise.
I halted at an error for a while but then continued.
I also created a unique serial according to guide.
Now gotta fix bluetooth (my adapter isn't working) and hot plugging SATA (drives not showing up)
but nothing that's too terrible.

Thanks all, especially wstrohm!
Hey.

Could you be kind enough to post your final config and kexts? :) I have a similar build that I'm working on.

PRIME Z390-P | i5 9400 | Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 90
Thanks a lot!
I got it working.
And used SMCProcessor.kext for showing temperatures.

Attachments

• SMCProcessor.kext.zip
    15 KB · Views: 36
Hi @oger thanks for posting your EFI. I'm installing Ventura 13.6 and am curious if you have an updated copy of your EFI. also wanted to ask if you can share you bios settings. I also have a prime z390-a + 9700k + igpu setup (sold my Vega 64). thanks!

Hi @oger thanks for posting your EFI. I'm installing Ventura 13.6 and am curious if you have an updated copy of your EFI. also wanted to ask if you can share you bios settings. I also have a prime z390-a + 9700k + igpu setup (sold my Vega 64). thanks!
Not Oger here, but my "Mini-ITX 4" (at left and below) was just updated from Mojave to Ventura 13.6 and works fine. Of course my USBPorts.kext will not be right for your board, but otherwise you can try putting in your own Platform info and see if this EFI will work for you. (Note: This is set up for a RX 580 graphics card, so that's not right for you either.)

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 25
Back