Contribute
Register

Need help installing Ventura on Asus z390-p i7-9700 iGPU graphics

ok, I'm sending the zip EFI.
I found no serial in the config. with Clover Configurator.
That might be part of the Problem...
Also, for changing to the Debug (Verbose) version of OC which Files do I need to replace?
BTW: haven't tried with USBToolbox.kext removed yet.

Thanks for the help!!

There is no alternate version of OpenCore for "verbose" mode, just press the CMD+V keys while at the boot selection menu, or place the -v boot command in the NVRAM boot-arguments line of the config.plist.

Your USB configuration is confusing ... Either you have used someone else's or you have two completely different set-ups.

For a start the USBPorts.kext appears to be for a Kaby Lake system whereas you have a Coffee Lake. It's port enumeration is also different from the UTBMap.kext. Only one should be active and designed for your system.

You have a system-definition of iMac19,1 in your config.plist, but a completely different one in your USBPorts.kext. So it will not work.

There's also no point in the Radeon kexts when you have disabled a Radeon GPU with the Whatevergreen boot-command. What is more, we don't even see a Radeon GPU in your hardware profile, only "Intel". So we are in the dark.

You need to complete your Hardware Profile properly as no one can help you without knowing what hardware there is, and doing so is a part of the site rules.

There is no alternate version of OpenCore for "verbose" mode, just press the CMD+V keys while at the boot selection menu, or place the -v boot command in the NVRAM boot-arguments line of the config.plist.

Your USB configuration is confusing ... Either you have used someone else's or you have two completely different set-ups.

For a start the USBPorts.kext appears to be for a Kaby Lake system whereas you have a Coffee Lake. It's port enumeration is also different from the UTBMap.kext. Only one should be active and designed for your system.

You have a system-definition of iMac19,1 in your config.plist, but a completely different one in your USBPorts.kext. So it will not work.

There's also no point in the Radeon kexts when you have disabled a Radeon GPU with the Whatevergreen boot-command. What is more, we don't even see a Radeon GPU in your hardware profile, only "Intel". So we are in the dark.

You need to complete your Hardware Profile properly as no one can help you without knowing what hardware there is, and doing so is a part of the site rules.
ok, just to clear up the confusion:
I took an EFI from a post that has a guide for installing Ventura.
This one:
It has the same Audio ALCS1220A and network Intel® I219V as I have so I thought this should work.
I created the USB ports on Catalina on my Asus prime Z390-A, so I thought the ports should work.
I updated my Hardware Profile with the exact iGPU intel 630. I didn't see anything else I could fill out.
Yes my system is coffee lake. I have no idea why the USB file should be from kaby lake. I created it here.
In Hackintool under USB shows "Cannon Lake PCH USB 3.1 xHCI host controller" That sounds a bit unusual.
The EFI I sent is NOT the one I booted with. But the one I'm trying to boot the Ventura installer.
Hence the different system definition on the USB Port kext.
I want to use iGPU so the radeon is disabled. (I used the plist recommended for this.
Should I start from scratch?
Or use an existing EFI where I replace the USB Port kext?

Last edited:
ok, just to clear up the confusion:
I took an EFI from a post that has a guide for installing Ventura.
This one:
It has the same Audio ALCS1220A and network Intel® I219V as I have so I thought this should work.
I created the USB ports on Catalina on my Asus prime Z390-A, so I thought the ports should work.
I updated my Hardware Profile with the exact iGPU intel 630. I didn't see anything else I could fill out.
Yes my system is coffee lake. I have no idea why the USB file should be from kaby lake. I created it here.
In Hackintool under USB shows "Cannon Lake PCH USB 3.1 xHCI host controller" That sounds a bit unusual.
The EFI I sent is NOT the one I booted with. But the one I'm trying to boot the Ventura installer.
Hence the different system definition on the USB Port kext.
I want to use iGPU so the radeon is disabled. (I used the plist recommended for this.
Should I start from scratch?
Or use an existing EFI where I replace the USB Port kext?

I go on the Intel Device-IDs used, so that's where I spotted the error. If it is a "bug" in Hackintool, well now we know, but the device-id is for Kaby Lake (Cannon Lake "U" laptop CPU) and not Coffee Lake. :thumbup:

We all have to learn, so it's okay using someone else's EFI folder but you need to try and understand what they've done and whether it is relevant to your build. A system-definition is very important and throughout your configuration you need this to match wherever it is used. As I said previously your USBPorts.kext may or may not be correct BUT it will not work with the system-definition used in your config.plist. Period.

If your original EFI boots your PC then you just need to make a backup of it somewhere safe - say a bootable USB stick you can use to get you out of trouble if needed etc. - and then change and update what you have. For example to boot Ventura update OpenCore to 0.8.5 or 0.8.6. You also need the latest versions of the key system kexts like VirtualSMC, Lilu, Whatevergreen and AppleALC.

I would remove the NVRAM setting: csr-active-config 00000000 etc.

Remember to disable or remove all the kexts that are not needed. You should not have two active USB configurations.

ok, so the system definition of my usb port kext is incorrect because it was created with Catalina (where I use 18,1)
and I have to boot 19,1 for ventura.
I would need to change the system def in the port kext then to be consistent with the ventura install.
I found no editor to change this.
I thought once the USB port kext is created, it can be used on other installs as well. So it needs to be created with Catalina, because newer OSX don't allow this anymore I gather.
If I would try to update my clover bootloader (or switch to OC) I would still have the usb kext with the wrong system definition. I think I NEED to switch to 19,1 with my iGPU.
Or am I missing the point? :?:

I found no editor to change this
In Finder right click on the kext and select show package contents.
Inside contents there will be an info.plist that you can modify with your favourite plist editor.

ok,
I did change the system definition of the USBPort.kext to 19,1
Should be the same as in the config.plist
But is it normal that when i open the config.plist in open core configurator I see no info in platforminfo?
I removed: NVRAM setting: csr-active-config 00000000
Also I have to check how to boot verbose, because if I press CMD- V nothing happens and it won't let me press enter at the same time to boot "install Ventura" at the OC boot menue.
But:
As soon as I start "install Ventura" I lose USB within a second.
I did reset the NVRAM.
I'm sending the new EFI here that I created with the changes supposed:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 60
ok,
I did change the system definition of the USBPort.kext to 19,1
Should be the same as in the config.plist
But is it normal that when i open the config.plist in open core configurator I see no info in platforminfo?
I removed: NVRAM setting: csr-active-config 00000000
Also I have to check how to boot verbose, because if I press CMD- V nothing happens and it won't let me press enter at the same time to boot "install Ventura" at the OC boot menue.
But:
As soon as I start "install Ventura" I lose USB within a second.
I did reset the NVRAM.
I'm sending the new EFI here that I created with the changes supposed:

Well I agree, you have made changes to USB and config.plist so I would expect something to work.

However I do think that not all of your USB ports are UsbConnector type "3". Some are USB2-only, and I can see a type-C on the back panel. Also note there is an internal "hub" with 4x USB2 ports on it, so take care.

Yes, you have no details in the SMBIOS section of the file - we did not know if you had removed them (as required for privacy reasons) or that they weren't showing! Obviously re-check what settings there you are using.

If the keyboard command for verbose does not work for you, then you will need to add the "-v" boot-command to the NVRAM 7C43*** boot-args section of your config.plist.
Also please remove the "-wegnoegpu" command if you have no radeon GPU installed.

These will not affect USB though... Check you do not have any other hackintosh kexts installed in S/L/E or L/E that might be conflicting.

Otherwise, with what I know right now, I'm not helping very much, I'm sorry...

Looked at your EFI folder just posted. Some is beyond me, but I thought maybe my comments might be of some use anyway.

1. In OC/ACPI folder... SSDT-DMAR.aml does not appear in the ACPI Samples folder of OpenCore (Release version). What is that?
2. Same question about SSDT-USBW.aml.
3. My Gigabyte Z390 (at left and below) requires OC/ACPI/SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml according to the OpenCore Guide. Yours does not?
4. In OC/Drivers, do you need AudioDxe.efi and CrScreenshotDxe.efi? Why?
5. Why do you need so many kexts? My Z390 I uses the following:
AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
USBPorts
VirtuaSMC
WhateverGreen
(But granted, I am running Mojave and don't need other stuff.)
6. In config.plist/ACPI/Add, see comments 1 and 2 above.
7. In config.plist/Booter/Quirks, you have SetupVirtualMap Value YES; I have NO.
8. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, I'm too ignorant here to comment... huge differences from mine.
9. In config.plist/Kernel/Add: See 5 above.
10. In Kernel/Quirks, you have DisableIOMapper value YES; I have NO.
11. In config.plist/Misc/Boot you have LauncherOption Value "Full," I have "Disabled." Don't know if that's a problem for you.
12. In Misc/Security You have ScanPolicy Value 2690819; I have 0.
13. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third item, you are missing the command "csr-active-config" item which should be there with Class "Data" and Value "00000000".
14. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third item, you have previously-lang-kbd Value blank; I changed the Class to String and the Value to en-US:0 (English).
15. In config.plist/UEFI/APFS, you have JumpstartHotPlug Value YES; I have NO.
16. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/5 ... I don't have CrScreenshotDxe.efi since I don't use that driver.
17. In config.plist/UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, I mentioned this in my previous post that FirmwareVolume Boolean Value should be YES... this is mentioned by the Acidanthera folks as necessary.

Yep, I know that free advice is usually worth what it costs...

To add to my previous post:
I was able to boot verbose with the -v bootarg.
Here is a screenshot where it halted:
Screenshot 2022-11-17 at 21.45.29.jpg

Looked at your EFI folder just posted. Some is beyond me, but I thought maybe my comments might be of some use anyway.

1. In OC/ACPI folder... SSDT-DMAR.aml does not appear in the ACPI Samples folder of OpenCore (Release version). What is that?
2. Same question about SSDT-USBW.aml.
3. My Gigabyte Z390 (at left and below) requires OC/ACPI/SSDT-AWAC-DISABLE.aml according to the OpenCore Guide. Yours does not?
4. In OC/Drivers, do you need AudioDxe.efi and CrScreenshotDxe.efi? Why?
5. Why do you need so many kexts? My Z390 I uses the following:
AppleALC
IntelMausi
Lilu
USBPorts
VirtuaSMC
WhateverGreen
(But granted, I am running Mojave and don't need other stuff.)
6. In config.plist/ACPI/Add, see comments 1 and 2 above.
7. In config.plist/Booter/Quirks, you have SetupVirtualMap Value YES; I have NO.
8. In config.plist/DeviceProperties/Add, I'm too ignorant here to comment... huge differences from mine.
9. In config.plist/Kernel/Add: See 5 above.
10. In Kernel/Quirks, you have DisableIOMapper value YES; I have NO.
11. In config.plist/Misc/Boot you have LauncherOption Value "Full," I have "Disabled." Don't know if that's a problem for you.
12. In Misc/Security You have ScanPolicy Value 2690819; I have 0.
13. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third item, you are missing the command "csr-active-config" item which should be there with Class "Data" and Value "00000000".
14. In config.plist/NVRAM/Add/third item, you have previously-lang-kbd Value blank; I changed the Class to String and the Value to en-US:0 (English).
15. In config.plist/UEFI/APFS, you have JumpstartHotPlug Value YES; I have NO.
16. In config.plist/UEFI/Drivers/5 ... I don't have CrScreenshotDxe.efi since I don't use that driver.
17. In config.plist/UEFI/ProtocolOverrides, I mentioned this in my previous post that FirmwareVolume Boolean Value should be YES... this is mentioned by the Acidanthera folks as necessary.

Good analysis. :thumbup:

I agree, SSDT-DMAR.aml and SSDT-USBW.aml are not needed. I've had this discussion before but been ignored so I generally keep quiet now!

I missed SSDT-AWAC.aml - Yes, it is a sensible SSDT to include. I agree. @oger add it. :thumbup:

The reason for using DisableIOMapper quirk is when you leave VT-d enabled in your BIOS.

For "csr-active-config" I would recommend "E7030000"

Your comment:

"Yep, I know that free advice is usually worth what it costs..."

I disagree, that was a very useful and thoughtful post! Nudged my brain into action too! :thumbup:

Back