Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
I7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I have this hardware:

Z390 Aorus Pro (Bios version F10. No WIFI)
I5-9400F (without iGPU)
RX 560

Then:
  1. I grab @pastrychef OpenCore 0.5.8 EFI folder from this post.
  2. Change variables of config.plist (system serial, motherboard serial, etc) with OpenCore configurator (Attached my EFI folder).
  3. Reset and configure BIOS something similar to this post (is a different version).
  4. Unlock MSR
After boot with install Catalina partition, Apple logo appears and progress bar runs until half of the path, then a prohibited sign is shown.

I'll appreciate any help to debug the installation process.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 242
Hi, I have this hardware:

Z390 Aorus Pro (Bios version F10. No WIFI)
I5-9400F (without iGPU)
RX 560

Then:
  1. I grab @pastrychef OpenCore 0.5.8 EFI folder from this post.
  2. Change variables of config.plist (system serial, motherboard serial, etc) with OpenCore configurator (Attached my EFI folder).
  3. Reset and configure BIOS something similar to this post (is a different version).
  4. Unlock MSR
After boot with install Catalina partition, Apple logo appears and progress bar runs until half of the path, then a prohibited sign is shown.

I'll appreciate any help to debug the installation process.

Please boot in verbose and post a picture of where it gets stuck.

Thank you very much for the help. Otput characters are broken after prohibited sign is shown. Last lines can be read.

IMG_20200528_090905.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you very much for the help. Otput characters are broken after prohibited sign is shown. Last lines can be read.

View attachment 472059

Your USB ports are not correct. The EFI you are using is specific for the Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming and the USB ports are mapped for that motherboard only. You can try the EFI from post #4 of my Z390 thread.

Your USB ports are not correct. The EFI you are using is specific for the Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming and the USB ports are mapped for that motherboard only. You can try the EFI from post #4 of my Z390 thread.

Ok, trying. Just for safety, I took a picture immediately before brohibited sign.

IMG_20200528_090807.jpg

Last edited:
Your post #4 has no opencore EFI, just Clover. Am I wrong?

Attached new pictures before and after prohibited signs (slightly different). Can you see errors?

IMG_20200528_092726.jpg
IMG_20200528_092826.jpg

Your post #4 has no opencore EFI, just Clover. Am I wrong?

Yes. Get macOS installed and running. Then you can fix your USB and go back to OpenCore.

Ok. Right now I have installed macos 10.15 succesfully on disk (Clover way). Then, what is the next step?

Ok. Right now I have installed macos 10.15 succesfully on disk (Clover way). Then, what is the next step?

Fix USB.

Once you have created USBPorts.kext, you can replace the one in the OpenCore EFI.
You should also delete all the device properties and create your own in the OpenCore config.plist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back