Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Need help installing OpenCore in z390 Aorus Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fix USB.

Once you have created USBPorts.kext, you can replace the one in the OpenCore EFI.
You should also delete all the device properties and create your own in the OpenCore config.plist.

Awesome guide. Thank you! Diving into it.

Last edited:
Fix USB.

Once you have created USBPorts.kext, you can replace the one in the OpenCore EFI.
You should also delete all the device properties and create your own in the OpenCore config.plist.

Solved! I've generated my own USB kext with Hackintool, then I've installed a Clover EFI (+ my USB kext) to test. Test succesfull. Then I've installed OpenCore EFI (+ my USB kext) to test and it works!

There is some post installation fine tuning that I should to do, but I want to adress it in a separate thread. Thank you sir, so much, really, for your attention and guide. It was great.

Solved! I've generated my own USB kext with Hackintool, then I've installed a Clover EFI (+ my USB kext) to test. Test succesfull. Then I've installed OpenCore EFI (+ my USB kext) to test and it works!

There is some post installation fine tuning that I should to do, but I want to adress it in a separate thread. Thank you sir, so much, really, for your attention and guide. It was great.

Remember to delete all the device properties in the OpenCore config.plist because they were not meant for your specific motherboard. Everything else should be working.

Remember to delete all the device properties in the OpenCore config.plist because they were not meant for your specific motherboard. Everything else should be working.

Yes, of course, don't worry. It is my next step.

@aitor451 would you mind posting your EFI for OC? I have the same board. Do you use USBPorts.kext?

@aitor451 would you mind posting your EFI for OC? I have the same board. Do you use USBPorts.kext?

Yes, I made my own USBPorts.kext with Hackintool. But it needs more fine tuning yet. The four USB 2.0 in the back pannel was not detected by Hackintool. Anyway, I post here both EFI folders (Clover and OC).

Attachments

• Clover EFI Aorus Pro z390.zip
    23.2 MB · Views: 71
  • OpenCore EFI Aorus Pro z390.zip
    6.4 MB · Views: 99
If he uses the coffee lake guide,and sanity checker
He can build his own efi
my efi is from guide, sanity checker and more in depth ACPI guide(easy way) plus updated for 0.5.9 since I use latest github source to build OpenCore and update config.plist to match

If he uses the coffee lake guide,and sanity checker
He can build his own efi
my efi is from guide, sanity checker and more in depth ACPI guide(easy way) plus updated for 0.5.9 since I use latest github source to build OpenCore and update config.plist to match

Have you a working OpenCore EFI for this mobo? In that case, can you post it here? Thanks!

It will work for any z390 board - the OpenCore guides do not get brand specific - AMD and very few other exceptions
I don’t map usb in it
No thunderbolt ssdt yet either - soon once I get Titan Ridge card any thinderbolt ssdt for the Designare board will work under OpenCore
Right now my system in pieces I think a VRM blew

See this thread

Last edited:

@pastrychef sorry for reopen the thread. There is no sound output at all. AppleALC and lilu are installed. Can you point me in the way for debug audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back