Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Need Help Installing "MacOS Mojave" - APFS error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that we often see 2 freezes/reboots during installation that look like real problems, but aren't. So they lead to a ton of confusion. On some systems the freezes may be indicative of real problems, but before we reach that conclusion, we should have a look at this:
You can see that the sudden reboots in Steps 8 and 12 are perfectly benign on the Designare Z390 motherboard. We just ignore the crash/reboot and proceed as if nothing happened.

So please have a look at the entire Overview described in the above link. If your particular system does NOT proceed normally after ignoring the crash/freeze, then you may have a different problem.

Same here (I was about to create a new post, yet it seems quite similar, so I'm joining here):

MoBo: ASUS ROG STRIX H370-F GAMING (bios 1202 - latest found via ezFlash/network)
Processor: i7 8700
Ram: Kingston Hyper-X Predator Fury 4x16GB
SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo, M.2, NVMe
Integrated GPU

Attaching my EFI.

I've followed instructions from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.259381/ to the letter (downloaded Mojave 10.14.4 from AppStore), then went on to Clover Configurator to mess with kexts - ended up doing following:

Edited SMBIOS section to identify my machine as iMac 18,1

Added:
* Lilu
* Whatevergreen
* AppleALC
* FakeSMC
* MOjaUSBInjectAll
plus - everything APFS related.

Removed (after decision to use FakeSMC):
* SMCHelper-64
* VirtualSMC

Note: I've accidentally formated the SSD as APFS before erasing it and selecting GPT/Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Either way - installer is trying to 'convert' a partition to APFS and failing at 2 minutes remaining. I wouldn't mind to run my Mojave from a Mac OS Extended partition if there's a way to keep it.
A number of comments on your EFI:
  • You have too many kexts and they're scattered everywhere!
    • Copy kexts only to the "Other" folder.
    • For initial installation use only these kexts:
      • FakeSMC
      • FakeSMC_xxxxSensors.kext (5 of them)
      • IntelMausiEthernet
      • RealtekRTL8111
      • AtherosE2200Ethernet
      • USBInjectAll
      • Lilu
      • WhateverGreen
      • AppleALC
    • Delete the following:
      • AirportBrcmFixup
      • HibernationFixup
  • Try the attached config.plist.
  • Delete the following file from CLOVER/drivers64UEFI:
    • AptioInputFix-64.efi
  • Finally, if this still fails, look for a User Build or Golden Build that uses your motherboard or a very similar motherboard.
Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 9.52.07 AM.png

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 103
They are not errors. It is normal "output" from apfs.efi.
Try using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi instead.

I tried replacing this but this error when loading clover boot menu didn't go off!

But I got my installation up and running by making following changes!
1. I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI USB's EFI
2. replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi [if it didn't work try OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi] in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
The installation was success now able to boot into Mojave

I tried replacing this but this error when loading clover boot menu didn't go off!

But I got my installation up and running by making following changes!
1. I added EmuVariableUefi-64.efi in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI USB's EFI
2. replaced AptioMemoryFix.efi with OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi [if it didn't work try OsxAptioFixDrv3-64.efi] in /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI.
The installation was success now able to boot into Mojave
Thanks! That really helped install Mojave. Unfortunately, I couldn't get HDMI or Audio to work. Although Realtek based, ASUS seems to have packed a bit specific audio setup. HDMI did hit the black screen, despite exact clover plist file edit. DP works well. On top of that, none of my external usb hard drives was recognized through USB 3 hub (flash drive works well though), so I'm officially giving up unless someone comes up with my exact MoBo sorted out.

Did anyone come up with a fix for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back