Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
asus b350
CPU
ryzen2600x
Graphics
1050ti
Hello guys. I”m going to make a hackintosh similar to iMac 19,1. According to Mactracker i should use i5-9600k, radeon rx 580 with 8Gb. The main problem is motherboard. Wich chipset is native for this mac?
I want to use the minimum kexts. Soundcard will be external usb ( behringer, it works oob without any kexts). I’ll buy fenvy pcie for wi fi and Bluetooth . For ethernet i ‘ll buy apple adapter.
At this moment i have Radeon r9 290x. This videocard works oob without any kexts.
I’m going to install Catalina and eillnot update to bigsur.
So, Which chipset should i use for imac: z370 or z390?
Better to use gigabyte?

Hello guys. I”m going to make a hackintosh similar to iMac 19,1. According to Mactracker i should use i5-9600k, radeon rx 580 with 8Gb. The main problem is motherboard. Wich chipset is native for this mac?
I want to use the minimum kexts. Soundcard will be external usb ( behringer, it works oob without any kexts). I’ll buy fenvy pcie for wi fi and Bluetooth . For ethernet i ‘ll buy apple adapter.
At this moment i have Radeon r9 290x. This videocard works oob without any kexts.
I’m going to install Catalina and eillnot update to bigsur.
So, Which chipset should i use for imac: z370 or z390?
Better to use gigabyte?
Either Z370 or Z390 motherboards should work. For Z370 motherboards the BIOS may need to be updated to support 9th generation Intel CPUs like i5 9600K.

Such a system should work with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 and later. My own main system is also based on 9th generation Intel hardware and runs MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 / High Sierra / Mojave / Catalina.

Most such motherboards should work but personally I prefer Gigabyte (1st) or Asus (2nd).

Thank you very much. Which chipset is less trouble? Or Are Z370 and z390 totaly equal for imac? I need “sleep” to be work correctly and i want use mininum kexts.

Thank you very much. Which chipset is less trouble? Or Are Z370 and z390 totaly equal for imac? I need “sleep” to be work correctly and i want use mininum kexts.
The consensus here seem to imply that Z370 is relatively more troublefree than Z390.

But are you still able to find one when Z490 (and soon Z590) is current?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back