Graphics
MSI N750TI-2GD5/OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Got an odd issue here, probably nothing new to the gurus here, but puzzles me...
Everything went pretty much by the book - install, reboot from USB, multibeast, installed Nvidia web driver (correct one, for 10.11.2), everything is working EXCEPT - throughout the entire process and up to this point, I have to use -v flag to reach installer/desktop. Otherwise, all I get is a pretty black screen with a nice silver apple that doesn't go anywhere. Tried all sorts of flags, tried "inject nvidia" in multibeast (irrelevant, I know, just being desperate), nothing seems to make a difference, but as soon as I add -v, lo and behold - it actually works, albeit not in the prettiest way. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
Xeon e3-1231 v3
16gb ddr3-1600
PNY Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2048MB OC
320gb hitachi hard drive pulled from an old macbook

Note: I was very conservative with Multibeast, only installed the default quick start (EFI) + audio and ethernet.

UniBeast: Install OS X El Capitan on Any Supported Intel-based PC

...bump

Got an odd issue here, probably nothing new to the gurus here, but puzzles me...
Everything went pretty much by the book - install, reboot from USB, multibeast, installed Nvidia web driver (correct one, for 10.11.2), everything is working EXCEPT - throughout the entire process and up to this point, I have to use -v flag to reach installer/desktop. Otherwise, all I get is a pretty black screen with a nice silver apple that doesn't go anywhere. Tried all sorts of flags, tried "inject nvidia" in multibeast (irrelevant, I know, just being desperate), nothing seems to make a difference, but as soon as I add -v, lo and behold - it actually works, albeit not in the prettiest way. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Gigabyte GA-H81M-H
Xeon e3-1231 v3
16gb ddr3-1600
PNY Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2048MB OC
320gb hitachi hard drive pulled from an old macbook

Note: I was very conservative with Multibeast, only installed the default quick start (EFI) + audio and ethernet.

I see my post has been moved from the El Capitan thread by a mod. Well, it's been a month, and still no change. I had hoped this might improve after updating El Capitan to 10.11.3 and the Nvidia drivers, but nothing's changed. I have tried any imaginable flags, and sometimes the apple logo disappears and a white underscore appears for a second, but then it all freezes just the same. On the other hand, it appears it doesn't need ANY flags whatsoever, as long as there's the single -v it boots normally. Help?

You can post screen photos of the verbose mode output if you want us to look for anything out of the ordinary there.

Though of course you can also just leave -v in your boot arguments in config.plist and forget about it. :)

bump... let me know if the video is unacceptable...

You can post screen photos of the verbose mode output if you want us to look for anything out of the ordinary there.

Though of course you can also just leave -v in your boot arguments in config.plist and forget about it. :)

so I've been living with that for the last two months, but well... still would like to hear other options... did you have a chance to check my video? thanks

So since this is apparently an unsolvable mystery, could someone tell me if it would be at all possible to use the -v flag in config.plist, but at the same suppress it somehow so the boot screen would appear more or less "normal"? Just clutching at straws here.

Thanks TL. Tried this as well as a bunch of other (almost random) flags in Configurator (and yes, I had it all along) - things like "FIX_INTELGFX", Nvidia wherever I saw it, then "inject nvidia" (and its other options like "inject Video Bios" in Clover's temp config menu, but it seems that NOTHING I do makes ANY difference. Yet the moment I add the -v flag, it just works, like magic.

...there was one brief moment of hope, which I am hoping might give someone a clue - after I updated to 10.11.4 and the respective drivers, the ONE time I rebooted after installing the new web driver, it actually worked without the -v (I missed the moment to add it) - the white apple logo disappeared, there was a white underscore for a second, then the progress indicator after some complete darkness - and it finally booted. Alas, all attempts to recreate this failed.

Mike,

Yeah, very perplexing. My eyesight was not good enough to read the last line or two of your video, but based upon the about area, I'da thought that TimeLords suggestion about the nvda_drv=1 would have worked.

Have you thought about starting from a new download of El Cap/new install USB setup, and new clean install... again? Your's wouldn't the first time an initial install was kinked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back