Contribute
Register

Need Help: GTX1050 HDMI Audio works (kind of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
gigabyte z77m-d3h-mvp
CPU
i3-3220
Graphics
zotac gtx1050 2gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have the following card:
I'm running macOS Sierra (using the Clover/Unibeast guide) with a Gigabyte Z77M-D3H-MVP motherboard and Core i3-3220 CPU.

I'm able to get sound output from both the HDMI and DP (with HDMI adapter) ports, but it's strange. So if I cold boot the computer and login to macOS, I won't have HDMI audio (ie. HDMI not showing up as an output device in System Profiler). The motherboard analogue ports work, along with bluetooth headphones, but HDMI or DP are a no go audio wise. At this point, if I unplug the HDMI cable and plug it into the other HDMI port, audio via HDMI will work immediately. If I reboot (or shutdown then power on), then there is no HDMI audio. But if I switch HDMI ports again, then it will work (up until the next start of macOS).

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? It seems like it's not necessarily a problem with HDMI audio, but something weird possibly with the HDMI handshake?

Last edited:
Sorry, I've added my profile details.

To clarify, my Zotac card has two HDMI outputs (one is native HDMI, and the other is DisplayPort with an HDMI adapter). I need to swap the HDMI ports used every single time I start up to get HDMI audio working again.

Only relevant question, does DP audio (with DP2HDMI adapter) work on boot?

Both ports will display video on boot, but neither will give audio on boot. Regardless of which port is used (HDMI or DP) on boot, if I swap to the other one after macOS is loaded, then audio will work on the newly switched to port (yes, both DP and HDMI). Audio works on both my HDMI and DP (via HDMI adapter) ports on the GTX 1050.

Same thing here papacaducio,

EVGA GTX 1050 TI FTW 4GB and no audio throught HDMI/DP after boot, just after hot plug hdmi cable.

toleda help me alot and I think we will have to way a new version of nvidia webdriver, don´t you?

Cheers,

Hi,
I'm writing from a i9-9900k, Z370-HD3P, GTX1050Ti Zotac.
I have the exact same problem.
My audio works only when I hot plug a second monitor....
Is there some script that could help?
I have AppleALC, Lilu, WhatEverGreen and clover updated....
The same configuration with a gtx1080 works great :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back