Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I purchased a SY-PEX40039 pcie card for sata 3 speeds because of the asm1061 card which is compatible with hackintosh. I have multibeast kext isntalled and everything works except my speeds are crazy low for the agility 3. I included a screenshot of the 3 drives. The FM.... is my old sata II ssd and the I upgraded to the ocz agiility 3. The third drive for comparison is a Hitachi HDD for storage. I also included a photo of the card plugged in to my PCI e x16 which is a 2.0 slot.
What am I doing wrong?

GA-x58a-ud3r rev 2.0 FF
8GB Ram
Intel Core i7 (i believe 920)
OCZ agility 3 60gb
FM..... SSD 64gb
Hitachi 1TB HDD

Attachments

• hdd test.jpg
    hdd test.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 424
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 505
I have the exact same problem with the OCZ Agility 3 120gb. I'm have it connected to the Intel 6 Series 6Gb/s SATA III interface on my HTPC hack, and my Read/Write speeds are TERRIBLE! I think it's actually a problem with the quality of the components. OCZ doesn't have the best track record with SSD's anyway, but my Read/Write speeds according to Blackmagic Disk Speed Test are ~200Mb/s and ~150Mb/s respectively. That's worse than other SATA II SSD's I've used. Anyway, if you want a high quality and FAST SSD, the Samsung 830 Series are awesome. They don't have the fastest specs on paper, but they are noticeably faster in my opinion, and Samsung is well known for their quality products.

Dil83

Try to put your PCIe card into the x16 or x8 lane slot instead of x1

Here is my Intel 330 60GB Xbench score

Single SSD
SingleSSD.png

SSD in RAID0
SSDRAID0Xbench.png

And here is my AJA System Test score on RAID0
SSDRAID0_2B.png

Try to put your PCIe card into the x16 or x8 lane slot instead of x1

Here is my Intel 330 60GB Xbench score

Single SSD
SingleSSD.png

SSD in RAID0
SSDRAID0Xbench.png

And here is my AJA System Test score on RAID0
SSDRAID0_2B.png

Ive already tried switching it into different slots. The thing that doesnt make sense is the regular HDD is showing faster speeds than my SSD. Anything else to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back