Register

Need help for Hardware acceleration, i7-7700, GTX1070, 10.13.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
GTX1070
Hello dear friends. I successfully install 10.13.6 in my MSI trident 3 desktop. However, I can't enable hardware acceleration.
In FCPX, the performance is bad.

The desktop has a CPU i7-7700 and GTX1070. I change the network card to DW1820A to use WIFI and Airdrop.

Everything works fine except hardware acceleration. I searched lots of forums, someone said an iGPU is needed in order to enable NVIDIA card hardware acceleration. This desktop disabled iGPU and only dGPU. Is it the problem?

I upload my EFI here. Hope someone can help me.

Thanks so much~~
Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 3.34.15 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    44.3 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:
Can anyone confirmed with me "iGPU is needed to enable NVIDIA card hardware acceleration"? Orz

Can anyone confirmed with me "iGPU is needed to enable NVIDIA card hardware acceleration"? Orz

this statement is wrong, enable/disable the IGPU doesn't affect NVIDIA card hardware video acceleration (macOS don't know what is nvidia hardware video acceleation, you can't use nvidia graphic card to hardware decoder H.264/HEVC video)

no way you can enable Nvidia card hardware video acceleration, because macOS do not has the code/library/framework to make use of nvidia hardware decoder/encoder. mac's ecosystem is not the same as windows/pc.

macOS can make use of the Intel iGPU or AMD GPU (macpro) for hardware video acceleration

You should enable the IGPU and configured it as headless mode (sysdef : iMac)

this statement is wrong, enable/disable the IGPU doesn't affect NVIDIA card hardware video acceleration (macOS don't know what is nvidia hardware video acceleation, you can't use nvidia graphic card to hardware decoder H.264/HEVC video)

no way you can enable Nvidia card hardware video acceleration, because macOS do not has the code/library/framework to make use of nvidia hardware decoder/encoder. mac's ecosystem is not the same as windows/pc.

macOS can make use of the Intel iGPU or AMD GPU (macpro) for hardware video acceleration

You should enable the IGPU and configured it as headless mode (sysdef : iMac)
thanks for your reply. my desktop physically blocked the iGPU. There is no option in BIOS to turn it on. I guess I need to buy a AMD card. Sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back