Graphics
ASUS 560 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
When I originally downloaded Mountain Lion my ethernet was working, but then I installed a custom DSDT and the system failed due to kernel panic and I reinstalled ML. When I reinstalled it my ethernet was no longer working. So I took it to a computer help desk and they reainstalled windows amd the ethernet was working. So I thought I was good to go but when I agin reinstalled ML the ethernet still doesnt work. This is a huge problem because I cant download multibeast to get everything else working. The driver cannot detect the router ip.

is it possible to pit multibeast on the laptop via usb and there I could redownlad the ethernet driver?

Specs: dell inspiron n5050
realtek ethernet
intel i3
hd3000 graphics
6gb ram
1tb hdd

Sorry for the spelling errors Im having to type this out on my phone because I have no computer that will connect to the internet!

So still no success with internet. I was able to get multibeast on my dell n5050 via usb and installed the realtek driver but that didn't help. I also installed a custom ktext for wifi and it led me in the right direction. OS identified the wifi and I was able to pickup my friends wifi but was unable to connect because it assigned me an IP. When I did this ethernet stopped working entirely and wouldnt register that I even had the ethernet cable plugged in.

My mother board seems to be very similar to a gigabyte. Besides the fact that it was the same button for bios, the lack of internet connectivity seems to be a common issue for gigabyte boards running os x. But I do not have smart lan, so and there are no resources available for me to find a fix.

So I reinstalled the old ethernet ktext via multibeast, but now when I boot I get a kernel panic, so I am giving up due to the lack of support from the world. Thanks guys. Going to take my n5050 to the library and have them install win 7... Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back