Contribute
Register

Need help deciding ProBook model

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want bluetooth, buy 43225HMB card instead.

Thanks for the suggestion nguyenmac!

Saw the other thread about WiFi cards and got 'Atheros AR5B195 WiFi WLAN Bluetooth Combo Half Mini PCI-E Card ' since it was compatible :) I don't think I will require BT

i got this card too and bluetooth works in data sending and audio streaming without problems

Thanks for the suggestion nguyenmac!

Saw the other thread about WiFi cards and got 'Atheros AR5B195 WiFi WLAN Bluetooth Combo Half Mini PCI-E Card ' since it was compatible :) I don't think I will require BT

Are there any specific import duties? I'm planning to buy one for myself. Let me know how it works out! :D

I had to pay $2.5 extra for shipping. Inclusive of shipping it cost me Rs648

imade, what Bios version are u using for your 4440s? 4440s works just like 4540s right? no differences i hope!

I have successfully installed 10.9.2 in my ProBook. WiFi is not working because I have an incompatible card. I'll fix that soon.

I also noticed that iMessage is not working. It says that my apple ID can't be used to login to iMessage. Anyone know a fix to this issue ?

I fixed the iMessages issue. Webcam quality is like crap!

I fixed the iMessages issue. Webcam quality is like crap!
Yeah webcam isn't the best specially under poor lightning conditions. I wonder if a USB webcam will work.

Edit:
Is your bluetooth working?

I selected regular shipping from Ebay US. WiFi card will take at least 20 days to arrive :p

My laptop is getting hot near left side of the trackpad.
I installed RehabMans fakesmc, and checked temps in the HWmonitor. Temps are around 42 when idle. Which I know is absolutely normal for Indian weather. Fan speed is about 2600rpm (I installed readings fan in probook install). First I install the quiet patch, then after I noticed the heat issue, I installed the readings patch. I didnt repatch my dsdt, just selected readings in PBI and restarted. I'm using F40 bios.

Is this heat issue normal, or do I do something about it? Pls help.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back