GTX670 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I recently bought a SSD and tried to install osx 10.8 on it but I got KP's and stuff (appleintelcpupowermanagement)
However, my previous install is working fine.....
So, is there a way to easily make the new install on ssd working like it does on my old hdd?
Maybe copy the extensions folder?

Thanks in advance.

Use carbon copy clone first.
Then just to be sure install chimera on it

but that isn't free, is it?

EDIT: downloaded it, it seems that you can use it for 30days without paying :)
it's cloning the data now.

but I tried to install the right kexts that work with my current install but Multibeast refuses to install ANYTHING.
it simply says: installation failed.
I tried another Multibeast: no difference. tried to install on current hdd: no problem at all......

My new ssd is a 240gb... might that be the problem?

but that isn't free, is it?

EDIT: downloaded it, it seems that you can use it for 30days without paying :)
it's cloning the data now.

but I tried to install the right kexts that work with my current install but Multibeast refuses to install ANYTHING.
it simply says: installation failed.
I tried another Multibeast: no difference. tried to install on current hdd: no problem at all......

My new ssd is a 240gb... might that be the problem?

Why are you running MultiBeast? If you clone the drive with Carbon Copy Cloner (or SuperDuper) from a working installation, all you need to do is run the standalone Chimera installer (downloadable from this site), point it at your new SSD, and you should be good to go.

Why are you running MultiBeast? If you clone the drive with Carbon Copy Cloner (or SuperDuper) from a working installation, all you need to do is run the standalone Chimera installer (downloadable from this site), point it at your new SSD, and you should be good to go.

Because I thought I needed to do that.
But anyways, I copied the working install onto the ssd, then installed Chimera on it using multibeast and now it's working like a charm :)

Because I thought I needed to do that.
But anyways, I copied the working install onto the ssd, then installed Chimera on it using multibeast and now it's working like a charm :)

Great, I'm glad it's working! MultiBeast is *one* way to get Chimera installed, but if all you want to do is install Chimera, the standalone installer is better since MB wants to install a bunch of other stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back