Contribute
Register

Need help, can't get startup/bios ! (Black screen)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
CPU
i5-4670
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello,

Im having a problem with my just build hackintosh.
I can't get to the bios, everytime i start the computer up i see the motherboard startup screen for 1 sec and then i get black screen.

Specs

Motherboard : Gigabyte H81m hd3
CPU : Intel i3 4330 (stock cooler)
Ram : Kingston hyper x blu 4gb ddr3 1600mhz (1 stick) (the one on the link is 2 gb, i got that one but 4 gb)
SSD : Crucial m500 ssd
PSU : Cooler Master 450

Using onboard graphics HD4600.
Got it connected to a tv, DVI to HDMI.

Please help !
Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Jacobus

Id like to say Im having a similar problem! Hope you find a solution...

Im using a Gigabyte z87x-oc and made a few wrong choices in the bios at some point. now i can't boot to ANYTHING. no matter what I do, I am confronted with a blank screen and the blinking cursor. Cant enter bios to redo settings!

Also, resetting cmos did nothing... (I tried pulling the battery, shorting the pins, AND pressing the clear cmos button. Nothing. I am stumped! Hopefully someone can shed some light...

Hello,

Im having a problem with my just build hackintosh.
I can't get to the bios, everytime i start the computer up i see the motherboard startup screen for 1 sec and then i get black screen.

Specs

Motherboard : Gigabyte H81m hd3
CPU : Intel i3 4330 (stock cooler)
Ram : Kingston hyper x blu 4gb ddr3 1600mhz (1 stick) (the one on the link is 2 gb, i got that one but 4 gb)
SSD : Crucial m500 ssd
PSU : Cooler Master 450

Using onboard graphics HD4600.
Got it connected to a tv, DVI to HDMI.

Please help !
Thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Jacobus

I recommend that you reset the CMOS. The BIOS will then boot normally and you will be able to get into it and reset to the "optimized defaults". Check your motherboard users manual; with power removed from the system you may remove the battery for 30 seconds.

Then in the future insure that you do not select fast boot as that feature closes down the window of time that you can get into the BIOS to almost nothing.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back