Contribute
Register

Need help build a budget Catalina desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
i a need suggestion for a budget one.
The Dell Optiplex 7020 or 9020 would be your best choice to stay under budget. You could install your graphics card and the PSU as well (in the MT version).

There is an EFI folder provided you can use to get started. Then upgrade OpenCore later on.

That's because Mt. Lion came out in 2012 and has no support for the GT710 which wasn't available till later in 2013.
I see, noted thanks

The Dell Optiplex 7020 or 9020 would be your best choice to stay under budget. You could install your graphics card and the PSU as well (in the MT version).

There is an EFI folder provided you can use to get started. Then upgrade OpenCore later on.
Thanks, i will check this out for sure

Tha
Hi there.

That all depends on how much you wish to spend and where you are based and what is available there. For example older motherboards are becoming scarcer if you are buying new. A Z490 based board is a good choice but you can go back to Z170 if you want to spend the minimum and can find a good one second-hand - with CPU obviously.

There is no "instant" fix in the Hackintosh world. You closest to that would be to copy one of the Golden Builds. There is almost always a learning curve and teething problems.

:)

EDIT forget that I'm not quick enough. I can see you have other help and have already moved past my suggestion. :thumbup:
Thank youu

Anyway, is it possible to add firewire on th MT version?

And is it possible to use this more simple / newbie method to this dell optiplex :

Thanks

Anyway, is it possible to add firewire on th MT version?
Yes, you would use a PCIe x1 or x4 slot, whichever you'd like.
And is it possible to use this more simple / newbie method to this dell optiplex :
The 9020 Optiplex guide is Newbie friendly and you get all the specific custom SSDTs and kexts for the 9020. It's actually easier than using Unibeast and Multibeast.

Yes, you would use a PCIe x1 or x4 slot, whichever you'd like.

The 9020 Optiplex guide is Newbie friendly and you get all the specific custom SSDTs and kexts for the 9020. It's actually easier than using Unibeast and Multibeast.
Thanks, but maybe are there any vanilla install guide for this? Thanks

Last edited:
but maybe are there any vanilla install guide for this?
Everything goes into the EFI partition in the 9020 guide. That would classify it as a Vanilla install. Nothing is installed to /Library/Extensions anymore.

Everything goes into the EFI partition in the 9020 guide. That would classify it as a Vanilla install. Nothing is installed to /Library/Extensions anymore.
Great Thankss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back