Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z490-F
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
GTX 970
Hi, I’m really new to hackintosh so please forgive me if I ask about anything that doesn’t make sense. I have built a pc with an Asus rog strix Z490-F, the cpu is intel i9 10850K comet lake and the gpu is an asus 970.

I have been trying for weeks to install any macOS on this pc, I’ve tried a lot of guides multiple times (opencore and clover) but I can’t get it to work.

I’m really sorry if what I’m saying doesn’t make sense, but could please someone tell me if my choice of hardware is just not compatible with hackintosh and it is can you please point me at a direction?

Should I install big sur or an older version of macOS?

Should I use clover or opencore?

Please let me know what should I do I’ll try to see how far I can get and come back with further questions if I get stack somewhere. I’m really sorry for this so long post, I appreciate anyone who would take time to reply thank you.

the gpu is an asus 970
If by that you mean a GTX 970, there are no Big Sur drivers for it.

If by that you mean a GTX 970, there are no Big Sur drivers for it.

Thank you so much for replying!

Would it work if i just disconnected my gpu and I was only just using my motherboard's hdmi output?

Thank you so much for your answers!

Would it work if i just disconnected my gpu and I was only just using my motherboard's hdmi output?
Possibly but Display Port is preferable to HDMI.

I have an F and a 10600 and I got it working with this thread here.
and the Dortania guide
I just use the internal graphics on hdmi - it all works
I am just tweaking my settings but scope's efi is a real help to get it working
It's my first build too. Only Catalina to start, bu the others say Big sur is easy via the app store once you've got it running
Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back