Contribute
Register

need help asus 6850 doesn't boot up osx....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte - Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i7 2600
Graphics
H6850
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
my motherboard is Asus p8p67 LE.
before i use the sapphire 6790 card and was able to boot into osx window. Somehow people said that card is not supported yet. So a few freind in here recommend a high end asus 6850 or 6870. Microcenter store does not have 6870 so instead, i went back and return my 6790 and get the Asus EAH6850.

I plug it in and let it boot by it self. I got to this screen asked me to hold power to shut off and then restart..

I then try to boot from the latest iboot but then nothing happen.

Any of you guy can help me out? maybe it time for something els? i really want a hackintosh for such a long long long time now.

-x pci root=1 graphicsenabler=no try this

hacman said:
-x pci root=1 graphicsenabler=no try this
Bro haven't try that yet, but thanks. I will keep that in my learning page.
Somehow this time iboot can't do the job. I then saw a page about this series of motherboard that is 100% success. I download andy's boot and go from their.
Somehow it boot and i was able to reinstall osx again.

After installation, i was able to use the ati1600 graphic kext and my new graphic card works. The card that you recommend me. Thank alots. Also now my sound card works perfectly from front panel and onboard. Computer was able to reboot without the help from multibeast or andy's boot.

anyway the graphic card refresh rate is still at 60hz. i don't know if that is too slow or not?

i will soon try my hdmi. Don't know if it will work or not but well see.

anyone know why safari can not expand to it full screen. I only got 3/4 of the screen at fullest expanded.

jame2011 said:
anyone know why safari can not expand to it full screen. I only got 3/4 of the screen at fullest expanded.

wait for lion :D

hacman said:
jame2011 said:

wait for lion :D
is your safari same too?

YES , full screen app only in upcoming os x lion :thumbup:

jame2011 said:

in snow leopard, that green button is fit to contents, not maximize.

in lion, that is getting fixed.

i personally don't use safari, i use firefox, the green button acts as a maximize in firefox already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back