2X Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti 6G, PNY 780 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I finally got a successful boot into El Capitan with my Graphics Card in the 5th slot. All other slots froze at PCI configuration. I had a successful two gpu setup in mavericks (the OS I upgraded from). If I install the GPU in slots 1 or 3. I can get past everything and then it hangs at the Missing Bluetooth Transport Controller part. It will then go to a blank screen. I'm going to test by using a remote viewer to see if the system is actually booting, but I would be willing to bet no.

Now, I've already got the modded AppleGraphicsControl kext done. That's what I had to do for my last setup.

Does anyone have any other ideas about troubleshooting this? Perhaps could editing my DSDT fix this? I'm not sure if that's where this kind of problem lies.

Flags for booting using Clover npci=0x2000, PCIRootUID=1

I confirmed via a screen sharing app that it doesn't fully boot into the desktop. I remote into the desktop just fine with the one card (obviously) but when the second card is installed, I wait a while for it to boot and the computer does show up in my remote computers list as available. But I cannot remote into it at all. I also noticed as the computer was coming up that the remote app logged in well before the actual desktop and computer were available for use.

So I finally got a configuration that let's me actually boot into the desktop with both video cards installed...however, now one of them isn't recognized correctly. I have one in slot 5 and one in slot 7. If I connect my monitor to the top one, I can't get past PCI Configuration Begin. If I connect to the bottom one in slot 7, I get into the desktop and the system profiler sees two video cards, but one isn't recognized correctly.

Any ideas on how to correct this. The only thing I can think of is to grab the VBIOS and store it at the right directory so it can get pulled. But, I'm not sure that's the case. There's also a tab in Clover under SMBIOS for entering in Slots as an Nvidia with the ID name and Type. But the wiki isn't very clear on what this is intended for.

I'm so close. Does anyone have any ideas?

Dual GFX cards Problems

So, far I haven't really found a firm answer. I found a site that shows how to do dsdt patches so that your card works but I'm not sure if this will help with getting two graphics cards going. Also, I'm not sure if the Slot ID configuration in Clover is something that will help it either.

Hi Immortal,
Did you get your two 980s up and running together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back