Contribute
Register

Need GraphicsEnabler=No to start but how do I turn it back on to use my graphics? p8z77-i deluxe bui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
all
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Good evening fellow computer savvy peoples!

Build: p8z77-i Deluxe, Intel Core i5-3330 Ive Bridge with 2500 graphics, 8 Gigs of ram with Corsair Vengeance.

This build is a dual boot of Mountain Lion and Windows 7. Both work great! Except for the problem on the Apple side... The graphics have to be off to start it up. I know hoe to write the "GraphicsEnabler=No" in the Camelion file. I just need help on switching it back once it has started up. This is a gift to my fiancee so I would like it to work better. I used Multibeast, no patches or DSDT yet. I am new at this Hackintosh thing, I usually build DOS systems (sorry don't hate me).
There is a possibility the sound does not work as well on the apple side (don't know because I can't play videos). Is there any way to fix this?
I'll post anything you need. And if anyone needs help with this motherboard I can help as well.

GraphicsEnabler=No does not mean turning off your graphic card, it's about device injection. Check if your QE/CI work on your system:
- Top menubar is semi-transparent (can see wallpaper)
- Launchpad is smooth
- You can move chess in Chess game.

If you have all above, you get everything working.

GraphicsEnabler=No does not mean turning off your graphic card, it's about device injection. Check if your QE/CI work on your system:
- Top menubar is semi-transparent (can see wallpaper)
- Launchpad is smooth
- You can move chess in Chess game.

If you have all above, you get everything working.
That all works BUT I can't play steam or youtube. No sound with both. Then can't open a new tab in safari without the screen flickering. It also flickers in safari with ads.
When I searched for more information on the web, many people suggested enabling the graphics again to fix this problem. Is that correct?

That all works BUT I can't play steam or youtube. No sound with both.
Take a look at System Information/Graphics. It will say no kext loaded, it is not working. Only a few users have successfully enabled OS X/HD2500. Many more users have tried and failed. Suggest a discrete graphics card or a HD4000 processor.

Take a look at System Information/Graphics. It will say no kext loaded, it is not working. Only a few users have successfully enabled OS X/HD2500. Many more users have tried and failed. Suggest a discrete graphics card or a HD4000 processor.
Is there a way to do this through the DSDT? I have a video card attached. Should I use that one instead? I am also using "-x" to start up. Could that be a problem starting in safe mode?

Could that be a problem starting in safe mode?
I have never seen proof that HD2500 works on non native hardware (the only native HD2500 is the imac13,2 and it is not connected to the display). In other words, I have not seen a working HD2500 dsdt edit. Safe mode disables video, audio, network, etc. Use the video card.

I have never seen proof that HD2500 works on non native hardware (the only native HD2500 is the imac13,2 and it is not connected to the display). In other words, I have not seen a working HD2500 dsdt edit. Safe mode disables video, audio, network, etc. Use the video card.
YOU ROCK. It makes so much sense. I am going to try it and get back with more info. Again, thank you.
EDIT:
Ok. That kinda worked but then I had to mess with more than I could handle and had to re-install everything. I am now going to try the vt- disable seen here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/84262-hackintosh-only-starts-safe-mode.html Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back