Motherboard
HP 8300 SFF
CPU
i5 3470/Q77
Graphics
GTX 710
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, Im new to Hackintosh and Im trying to make my first Hackintosh.
I bought the HP 8300 sff i5 3470 8gb Ram with Intel 2500 Integrated Graphics. Then I tried to install mojave in it. I had some issues but i finally got installed. When I restarted the machine the screen gone completely black.
Searching the problem, find out that 2500 Graphics are not supported, so I just want your advice for the graphics card that is most compatible with this machine.
I dont want to play games and I'm not a gamer. I just want to use the machine for software development.

Thanks in advance, zeshan.

Thank all you guys for the responses.
I have some last questions:
what will be diferrence between the 1gb and the 2gb model card??. What the 2gb model will give you that the 1gb won't??

Can this card handle a 2k monitor or 2 monitor with a 2k resolution??

Thank all you guys for the responses.
I have some last questions:
what will be diferrence between the 1gb and the 2gb model card??. What the 2gb model will give you that the 1gb won't??

Can this card handle a 2k monitor or 2 monitor with a 2k resolution??
I don't know what the 1 GB card can do, but my 2 GB GT 710 supports 2560x1600@60 Hz over DVI and 4096x2160@24 Hz over HDMI.

What the 2gb model will give you that the 1gb won't??
1 more GB of video ram obviously. You can run two monitors with 1GB of video ram, it will still work. The 2GB version just gives you a little more buffer if it's ever needed. If the price is similar go with the 2GB card and call it a day.

What does make a performance difference is the vram speed. DDR5 will perform much faster than DDR3 will. Since you won't be gaming with a GT710 it isn't very significant in the same way having 2GB of ram doesn't make a difference unless you were needing more than a GB of vram to run both monitors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back