Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hey guys, i've been searching everywhere, but can't find anything on users who have successfully built a hackintosh using the i3 CPU. i have seen videos of people using everything from a C2D to the i5/i7, but nothing on the i3.

alright, thanks.

i looked everywhere and couldn't find it on here.

btw, i just noticed ur not using a P55 board, but a H55M? i always thought the best boards to use were the P55's?

Newbie said:
alright, thanks.

btw, i just noticed ur not using a P55 board, but a H55M? i always thought the best boards to use were the P55's?

Yes, there are, but the H55 also works. If you use the Search feature at the top of the page, you can look up components that people use by searching for the name of the component.

Tom

tinkerC said:
Newbie said:
alright, thanks.

Not exactly "best" boards.. the "best" boards are X58's as of June 2010. But best compatibility would either be a P55 or X58, as they're used in the regular macs and the Mac Pro. The H55 isn't fully supported by Apple, but it's similar enough that it will work.

jimx86 said:
tinkerC said:
Newbie said:
alright, thanks.

Not exactly "best" boards.. the "best" boards are X58's as of June 2010. But best compatibility would either be a P55 or X58, as they're used in the regular macs and the Mac Pro. The H55 isn't fully supported by Apple, but it's similar enough that it will work.
The only thing not supported on the H55 is the onboard graphics. If you use an external card there is really no difference between a P55 and a H55.

MacMan said:
The only thing not supported on the H55 is the onboard graphics. If you use an external card there is really no difference between a P55 and a H55.

Onboard? I thought it was "on CPU"? Or is it both?

jimx86 said:
MacMan said:

Onboard? I thought it was "on CPU"? Or is it both?

Both; The on-CPU Graphics core will not function without the on-board H55 chipset. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back