Contribute
Register

Need buyers advice for cinema industry Hackintosh build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, friends.

Need your advice for main parts (MB, CPU/CPUs, RAM) of system i want to build.
The only one reason to jump into mackintosh world - is that any mac doesn't have enough PCI slots, and connecting over any gen TB - doesn't allow me to reach maximum speed. I.e. i need to achieve 2-3gigabyte per second speed, and this is possible ONLY using on the native PCI connection.

Mostly, i'll try to achieve maximum drive speed (using SSDs and raid controllers). Second option, i'll try to put latest GPUs to achieve calculation power during color correction and rendering.
I WILL not overclock my system. I just need to collect most powerful parts, make it works, and that's it.

I really need to have an ability to connect Thunderbolt2 or Thunderbolt3 (over TB2>TB3 adapter). So, as far as i can understand, only Gigabyte and Asus are my choice of Motherboards. Since i'm using 10.10, 10.11, and 10.12 OS - which exact MB you may advice? Which most powerful CPU I can put in my system? May be 2, if it possible?

Thanks in advance

Up? Did anybody built his Hackintosh based on Asus X99-pro with TB2 or 3 add-on card?

which exact MB you may advice?

You are on the right track. A MoBo with a TB_Header is ideal (Gigabyte and Asus mainly). There are several guides on the forum about getting those cards up and running. If I remember right the only catch is that you need windows on the machine for setup....and I don't think hot-plugging was working very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back