Contribute
Register

Need advice upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe someone else can answer my question for you... On motherboards without a iGPU, we have to use Vega cards for Mojave. The RX580/560 cards are problematic. I wonder if you are going to be in the same boat since your iGPU isn't supported.

There are issues with h264, h265 encoding decoding for video editing etc.. but for browsing and casual use they should be fine. I use my Pentium G3258 Haswell with the iGPU disabled and have no problems with YouTube and multi screen using a RX 460. If I enable the iGPU I can encode/decode video even though the GT1 graphics aren’t supported.
But the 3xxx series CPUs will be a better option if motherboard will adapt so you can have those options if needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to wonder... did he just get tired of losing money or did he burn out the card!
A lot of miners default on their electric bill payments but sometimes they can't get out of their lease and have no choice but to pay the bill or sit in the dark at night seeing via their iPhone flashlight. So they start selling off hardware on Ebay to recover some of their investment.

Last edited:
A lot of miners default on their electric bill payments but sometimes they can't get out of their lease and have no choice but to pay the bill or sit in the dark at night seeing via their iPhone flashlight. So they start selling off hardware on Ebay to recover some of their investment.

Wow, that's no way to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back