NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello,

I'm going to assemble this custom mac in the next 2 or 3 weeks but I'm having some doubts in which parts to buy and I'd like some of your good advices:

i3770 or i3770K ?
Looks like the difference between on and another it's only 0.1GHz... however the price is a bit higher on the i3770K.
Does one feel that difference in e.g. a 3d render?

GA-Z77X-UD5H or GA-Z77X-UP5-TH ?
The difference between each other is only the thunderbolt port.
Is thunderbolt that revolutionary? And is it worth it?

Memory
I'm going to buy 4 cards to have 32gb of RAM.
Will I be able to use 32gb with this build?

GeForce GTX 670 standard or upgraded? (I'm going with the GTX 670 because it's the one that gots best benchmark score)
I'm going with EVGA on this one... Which brand would you choose? ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, PNY or Zotac?

A quick reminder that this build will be mainly for 3d rendering and I don't want to go much further than 1150€ !

Thanks!!

1. The question is that will/want you overclock it or not?
2. Your choice...
3. For idiotic question and idiotic answer = No (Feel the irony :)
4. Just pick a card which holds 2GB memory onboard and it will be fine.

1. No, i'm not going to overclock. At least not in the near future... But is it only for that?

3. New question! will i be able to use 32gb with that build?
4. Sorry, I didn't understand what you were trying to say... They all have 2gb! But the EVGA FTW one looks better and since i'm going to work with computer graphics and video edition...

Sorry if I'm making wrong or stupid questions, I'm not much of a computer expert!

1. I think I'll go with the K one. Renders use a lot of CPU and who knows maybe one day I'll overclock it... and the price difference it's not that huge.
4. No! I've only seen the 2gb ones that were on the guide ;) Thanks!

More doubts I'll post them here!

is thunderbolt worth it nowadays?

Thunderbolt is in the early stages of being supported. For example, you can only use thunderbolt devices that are plugged in at boot time (no hot plug). If you don't have a pressing need for it, I wouldn't recommend it as all thunderbolt peripherals are really expensive right now, but ultimately it's up to you.

I've made my choice!
I'll go with the GA-Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770K !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back