Contribute
Register

Need advice on buying new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could use hackintool to make the rename
Done, now i have audio. The microphone is not working, is that possible to fix or it would be hard to get it right?

Now onto patching the DSDT to fix the battery percentage not showing and touchpad..

Attachments

• debug_11267.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Done, now i have audio. The microphone is not working, is that possible to fix or it would be hard to get it right?

Now onto patching the DSDT to fix the battery percentage not showing and touchpad..
try different layout ID's for audio

battery

try different layout ID's for audio

battery
I changed the layout ID now the microphone is working.

Just to check with you:
CPU Power Management is working good?
For the DSDT patches i will apply:
ASUS N55SL/VivoBook patch(battery fix)
Windows 10 fix

I changed the layout ID now the microphone is working.

Just to check with you:
CPU Power Management is working good?
For the DSDT patches i will apply:
ASUS N55SL/VivoBook patch(battery fix)
Windows 10 fix
cpu looks good

you should be ok with the dsdt patch for vivobook, you will have to test that one

on my asus laptop, i only needed to use VirtualSMC (instead of FakeSMC) and SMCBatteryManager.kext

cpu looks good

you should be ok with the dsdt patch for vivobook, you will have to test that one

on my asus laptop, i only needed to use VirtualSMC (instead of FakeSMC) and SMCBatteryManager.kext
I disassembled the origin ACPI files(DSDT.aml) - DSDT.dsl was generated. Now when i apply these two patches(ASUS N55SL/VivoBook and OS Check Fix(Windows 10) and when i try to compile, these 4 errors pops up:
Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 10.59.23 PM.png
Any way to fix it?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
I disassembled the origin ACPI files(DSDT.aml) - DSDT.dsl was generated. Now when i apply these two patches(ASUS N55SL/VivoBook and Windows 10 os x check fix) and when i try to compile, these 4 errors pops up:
View attachment 430191
Any way to fix it?
extract with refs

also make sure it compiles before you start patching

extract with refs

also make sure it compiles before you start patching
I created the file refs.txt via terminal in the folder where i have the origin DSDT.aml
Then ran this code:
Code:
iasl -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml
Opened the DSDT.dsl, clicked on compile(without applying any patch) 1 error comes up(screenshot attached):
Also i chcked now, after i applied the 2 patches, still the same and only that error comes up.

Code:
Local0
needs to be moved in the previous line inside the parentheses or it needs to be deleted?

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    1.1 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 11.48.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-12 at 11.48.59 PM.png
    294.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I created the file refs.txt via terminal in the folder where i have the origin DSDT.aml
Then ran this code:
Code:
iasl -dl -fe refs.txt DSDT.aml
Opened the DSDT.dsl, clicked on compile(without applying any patch) 1 error comes up(screenshot attached):
Also i chcked now, after i applied the 2 patches, still the same and only that error comes up.

Code:
Local0
needs to be moved in the previous line inside the parentheses or it needs to be deleted?
try one of the parseop fixes

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.52.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-13 at 6.52.30 PM.png
    533.5 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back