Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P6t (standard)
CPU
Xeon [email protected]
Graphics
Asus GTX970
Hello everyone. I'm a total noob to hackintosh, so I need advice. My PC conf is:

MOBO: Asus P6t
CPU: Xeon x5670
GPU: GTX 970
RAM: 10gb

Is this configuration capable of running High Sierra version of osx? If so, can you please recommend a good tutorial on how to install this version of osx?

Reactions: 877
Since no one answered (guess noobies aren't very welcome), I've took the risk and installed Sierra 10.12.6 using Clover. OS works but nothing else :( No sound, no gpu, no lan card... First of all I'd like to know if there's a kext or pkg for my integrated lan adapter?

Ethernet solved with RealtekR1000SL kext. Just put the "RealtekR1000SL" folder inside the "<DRIVE LETTER>:\EFI\CLOVER\kexts\Other" and restart.

Attachments

• RealtekR1000SL.kext.zip
    60.2 KB · Views: 94
But now I'm pretty out of options for sound. Input/output devices lists are empty, no matter what I try... I've followed couple of guides/tutorials about installing AppleHDA kext but no luck. My version of mobo (Asus P6T) uses ALC1200 codec, which is the same thing as ALC888 (if I understood correctly). Any suggestions?

After trying to solve this for a couple of days, I've decided to try with installing High Sierra. The reason I've choose Sierra instead of High Sierra was because I was skeptical about an OS which came out only about two months ago, but it turned to be a big mistake. High Sierra is working MUCH BETTER AND FASTER! Even with using old HFS file system, it overrun Sierra in everything. I've also tried installing it using APFS at the first place and it was also running excellent, but decided to reinstall with HFS because creating backup image of system partition was almost impossible with APFS. And the most interesting thing is that High Sierra recognized my sound card immediately! The trick is not to select any audio codec, so native HDA is used. Here's the complete Unibeast configuration:

6vy15y6.png

After rebuilding Clover bootloader with this configuration, I've used Clover configurator app to mount EFI partition (it was unmounted by default) and changed audio insertion to 1 in config.plist:

0tFeOYJ.png

Hi geter712,

Thanks for the useful posts! I guess you did not get any replies but managed to sort it yourself. I have a virtually identical build so wanted to say thanks! Will be giving it a try once my spare ssd arrives :)

I'm curious how you installed High Sierra, did you have access to a mac? (i don't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back