Contribute
Register

Need advice about compability of my hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
msi z77a gd55
CPU
I5 3570k
Graphics
MSI GTX 970 Gaming
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello Everyone. My name is Can.

I have macbook pro 2015 early. - LINK - Performance is not making me satisfied actually. I was looking for a solution and my friend told me about hackintosh stuff. He doesn't know either. Just simple info, more performance, less price etc. I started to research just a couple of days before... I watched a lot of videos in youtube. And I have found this forum which was very useful to learn things in a simple way for me. I figured out how it is working. But i checked a lot of threads, i confused. Now I want help/advice about some topics to clear questions in my mind and get ready for action.

Before my questions, I want to inform you about my desktop hardware.

These are the parts that I have. There is no GPU right now. I use HD4000 temporary. I sold my old amd 6950 to buy gtx1060. But I think 1060 won't be in my list. Also I'm planning to make a small upgrade with a second hand 3770k for better performance at video rendering.

My questions;
  1. Is to download mac os sierra from macbook different to download mac os from imac 27? If It is, I will go to my friend who has imac 27 to download it. :)
  2. Is it possible to install fully working sierra macOS to my desktop? (I mean will sound, wifi, ethernet and usb slots work?) or should I buy something additional?
  3. I couldn't find anything about my rams. Will rams work at 2666mhz or lower?
  4. About GPU; I'm planning to buy gigabyte g1 gaming 980. Do you suggest this one or should i wait for compability of 1060?
  5. If I succesfully made it I want to buy a 27 or 34 inches curved ips monitor. Is there anything that I consider for compability?
Sorry for posting too long. Thanks for further helps/advices.

Last edited:
Before my questions, I want to inform you about my desktop hardware.
These are the parts that I have. There is no GPU right now. I use HD4000 temporary. I sold my old amd 6950 to buy gtx1060. But I think 1060 won't be in my list. Also I'm planning to make a small upgrade with a second hand 3770k for better performance at video rendering.

My questions;
  1. Is to download mac os sierra from macbook different to download mac os from imac 27? If It is, I will go to my friend who has imac 27 to download it. :)
  2. Is it possible to install fully working sierra macOS to my desktop? (I mean will sound, wifi, ethernet and usb slots work?) or should I buy something additional?
  3. I couldn't find anything about my rams. Will rams work at 2666mhz or lower?
  4. About GPU; I'm planning to buy gigabyte g1 gaming 980. Do you suggest this one or should i wait for compability of 1060?
  5. If I succesfully made it I want to buy a 27 or 34 inches curved ips monitor. Is there anything that I consider for compability?
You are correct - the GTX 1060 (or any of the other GTX 10xx series) are unsupported in macOS.
  1. You can download macOS and make your Unibeast installer from any supported Mac - it makes no difference whether it's a notebook or a desktop.
  2. Everything you have should work fine.
  3. Your motherboard's specs say it supports 2666MHz RAM...if it's working now, it should work fine under macOS.
  4. The GTX 980 GPU should work (with the installation of Nvidia's Web drivers - see https://www.tonymacx86.com/nvidia-drivers/.
  5. The GPU you're planning to buy should support that just fine.
Be sure to follow the standard Installation Guide carefully, and have fun!

So it seems there will be no problem if everything goes as planned.

Another question. I think I can't wait for graphic card and upgrading cpu. If I install it Without graphic card, what should I do when I buy gpu and swap cpu with 3770k? Should I go for a new installation or something?

I forgot to ask about my mobo's oc genie mode. Will it work too?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
So it seems there will be no problem if everything goes as planned.

Another question. I think I can't wait for graphic card and upgrading cpu. If I install it Without graphic card, what should I do when I buy gpu and swap cpu with 3770k? Should I go for a new installation or something?

I forgot to ask about my mobo's oc genie mode. Will it work too?

Thanks a lot!

Swapping the CPU from an i5-3570K to an i7-3770K shouldn't require any changes in your OS installation. Before you shut the machine down to add the graphics card, go ahead and install the Nvidia web drivers. Then shut down, install the graphics card, and you should be good to go.

Swapping the CPU from an i5-3570K to an i7-3770K shouldn't require any changes in your OS installation. Before you shut the machine down to add the graphics card, go ahead and install the Nvidia web drivers. Then shut down, install the graphics card, and you should be good to go.
Thank you so much. What about oc genie button? :)

Hello again. I wanted to try to install before buying gpu. I have not updated my macbook to sierra. But I downloaded it. When i try to use unibeast I got selected mac os x is incomplete message. Do I have to update my system to sierra before download it?

Hello again. I wanted to try to install before buying gpu. I have not updated my macbook to sierra. But I downloaded it. When i try to use unibeast I got selected mac os x is incomplete message. Do I have to update my system to sierra before download it?
No, you should be able to download it with any version of macOS 10.8.5 or higher. It sounds like your download didn't complete; try downloading it again.

I updated with this file. Its interesting. I deleted that file. Redownloading it. I will try after download complete.

Edit: I mean if its not completed file, how did I install sierra from that file? Anyway I will download it again. Internet speed is too slow today. Thats my luck! It happens when I want it too much...

Anyway. Can I use HD4000 as graphic card? I looked at videos on youtube. There is no option hd4000 but hd3000. Should I pick hd3000?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back