CPU
i5-10600K
Graphics
RX 580 + GTX 710
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys, I am so sorry it's an old post but it's relatively popular. (first page on google)
My question is, I have some budget and I need a hackintosh. But I can't weste my money. It's an investment for my job.

Is there any hackintosh build for using all features MacOS like a real mac ?
I need you guys' help, sorry for my bad grammer.
Thanks a lot !

Hi guys, I am so sorry it's an old post but it's relatively popular. (first page on google)
My question is, I have some budget and I need a hackintosh. But I can't weste my money. It's an investment for my job.

Is there any hackintosh build for using all features MacOS like a real mac ?
I need you guys' help, sorry for my bad grammer.
Thanks a lot !

Hackintoshes have all of a real Mac's features except the high price. You'll have to be more specific about what you need out of your build and your budget before anyone can make any useful suggestions.

Hackintoshes have all of a real Mac's features except the high price. You'll have to be more specific about what you need out of your build and your budget before anyone can make any useful suggestions.

Sorry.
My expectation from my hackintosh is just reliability. I have a tv and monitor, keyboard and mouse. I want a good graphics without any freeze or buzz on gui. And using these pieces without any issues.
I had a macbook pro 2015 early. I am just a programmer and I used to it just for programming in terminal base and daily usage (watchin' movies listin' some music from spotify and so on)

I wanna make this build for now, I just wondering will I face any issues on daily usage and Can I have all the features like my old macbook pro.
Imessage, Facetime and AppStore.

There are some exceptions;

Gigabyte GA-H170N-WIFI Intel H170 DDR4 LGA1151 USB 3.0 mITX.
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GT 730 2GB 128Bit DDR3 (DX11.2) PCI-E 2.0 (GV-N730-2GI).
Intel Core i7 6700 Soket 1151 3.4GHz 8MB Önbellek 14nm.
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB(2x8GB) 2400MHz DDR4.
**Not ssd for now, HDD 750 GB.

Last edited:
The H170 board is Skylake (with Kaby Lake support but this often requires an initial boot with a Skylake processor), the H270 board is Kaby Lake and the newer board and more readily available as it is current production.

No, the Gigabyte "on-board" wifi is an Intel chip. Intel wifi is not supported in OSX. If you want to go wireless, you need another solution. Many choose to go with the Broadcom BCM94360CS2, as it is a natively supported OEM Apple part for some of their laptop offerings (along with an adapter to connect the M.2 port to the Broadcom card).
Others go with a PCI-e 1x card (you can find the compatible ones here)

Either way, with the Gigabyte "wifi" boards, you will need to find an Apple compatible alternative vs. the on-board configuration.

The H170 board is Skylake (with Kaby Lake support but this often requires an initial boot with a Skylake processor), the H270 board is Kaby Lake and the newer board and more readily available as it is current production.

No, the Gigabyte "on-board" wifi is an Intel chip. Intel wifi is not supported in OSX. If you want to go wireless, you need another solution. Many choose to go with the Broadcom BCM94360CS2, as it is a natively supported OEM Apple part for some of their laptop offerings (along with an adapter to connect the M.2 port to the Broadcom card).
Others go with a PCI-e 1x card (you can find the compatible ones here)

Either way, with the Gigabyte "wifi" boards, you will need to find an Apple compatible alternative vs. the on-board configuration.

So, what if I choose to make the build I wrote before. What will I sacrifice ?
What will I lose ?

Not much...I think the bigger issue is going to be finding the GA-H170-wifi MB for a reasonable cost
It's last year's spec so what is out in the wild is there and in demand because it is known to work with OSX and is small form factor (which lends to people using it for media center machines)

Not much...I think the bigger issue is going to be finding the GA-H170-wifi MB for a reasonable cost
It's last year's spec so what is out in the wild is there and in demand because it is known to work with OSX and is small form factor (which lends to people using it for media center machines)
No, I found it.

Check this out: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-series-board-with-kabylake-processor.218494/

The GA-H170N-Wifi is getting hard to find and you will need to buy a Broadcom card to get wifi and Bluetooth to work. There are options like PCI-E combo cards and m.2 adapters to connect Broadcom chips.

-Can I get an 1080p display with this build ?
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-series-board-with-kabylake-processor.218494

And can I put an nvidia geforce gt730 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back