HD3000 and/or 6870
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey folks:
I looking for a micro-atx board for my build, it's the last thing I need, having gathered all the other pieces I need to complete this project. I had planned to use a “Gigabyte GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 LGA 1155 Z68 mATX Intel Motherboard" but finding one has eluded me.
I live in the USA and haven't succeeded in getting one thru auction on EBay. I was impressed by mooner's project found at: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=23285

And this being the latest of Half a dozen builds I would really like one that is fully compatible having as few custom kext's and having sleep/awake all working. I have always used Asus boards in the past as I prefer them over others. Though I have never had any of them meet this level of compatibility. I'm open to any board that will work at this level.
Forgot to add, I have made the bluetooth mod and the ir mod using the apple parts and tested them on one of the other hacks I have and know they work.

Gordo:
Thanks for the info, it's funny but after all these years (my first hack being a Asus P5Q Pro board I had to use a modified bios to make work) I never realized this was the case with the Gigabyte boards...maybe I just missed that bit of info or maybe we should add that to the info on the title page of the “DSDT database page” to help noobs like myself. Lol

Gordo74 said:
Any Gigabyte 1155 board with Realtek audio and ethernet.

Djmigs:
I had checked Micro Center already the board listed is a mistake as it is not really in stock. I did get one, though "open box" from Newegg as you listed. thanks for the input.
On another note I just purchased a working 2005 G5 on EBay...waiting for it to be delivered before deciding whether to Mod it or keep it as is for nostalgia sake. lol

Djmigs said:
Hi Montanamike

If your really set on that particular MB here a newegg link (open Box)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128503R

Also if your currently residing in SD and willing to make a trip. Place an order for that MB with MC.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0364086

GL

Im sure you will take the advise as other post have mention. :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back