Contribute
Register

Need a little help with a Dell M6600...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have a DSDT at this point... :) It's the standard Unibeast install USB. I added the HD3000 high resolution aml file based on your guide.

I can fix things once I get the damn thing installed, but I can't get to the installer!

I'm suggesting you extract DSDT via Linux, patch it on a Mac, then place it on the Unibeast USB. Alternately you could delete the Intel kexts for the install. Save a backup for later as you will have to put them back. I prefer to do th former.

Help me understand this as I'm still a bit green on DSDTs etc.

My understanding was that Unibeast doesn't use a DSDT as such, and the DSDT comes into play, AFTER you have installed OSX, with Multibeast? I can try and extract a DSDT using Linux or AIDA64 on Windows. It'll be a bit of trail and error I must admit.

Help me understand this as I'm still a bit green on DSDTs etc.

My understanding was that Unibeast doesn't use a DSDT as such, and the DSDT comes into play, AFTER you have installed OSX, with Multibeast? I can try and extract a DSDT using Linux or AIDA64 on Windows. It'll be a bit of trail and error I must admit.

DSDT can be placed in /extra on the Unibeast USB.

hallelujah!!! :)

Extracted the native DSDT using Windows, patched it with the HD 3000 high resolution patch and the installer came up!

Rehabman - You rock dude.

Installing it as speak, we'll see how far we go.

Hubba Hubba! :)

Install went great. Sleep works!

Now...about that trackpad and sound... I'll muddle through... :)

Rehabman - Once again, much appreciated.

Already did that . PM and c states and sleep all work great.

Hubba Hubba! :)

Install went great. Sleep works!

Now...about that trackpad and sound... I'll muddle through... :)

Rehabman - Once again, much appreciated.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

Which trackpad is in your laptop?

ALPS.

I'm looking at your Voodoo instructions as we speak.

Hi, any chance I this method can be used on dell m6600 with amd m8900 graphics ?
Have tried several times over the last year to get mavericks installed but always results in black screen on laptop .
My specs -
dell m6600
i7 2920xm
8gb ram 1600 MHz
amd m8900 2gb graphics ( no optimus / no switchable graphics in bios )
17.3 '' screen 1600x900 resolution

I'm quite willing to use intel hd only for osx if that's an option ,
as I'll dual boot for amd graphics in windows.

Any help much appreciated , can upload radeon bios output or anything else if required?

Thanks ,Úll Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back