Motherboard
Asrock X99 OC Formula
CPU
i7-5820K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi Guys. After setting up my Z77 based desktop with Mavericks (which works great as such), I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up Mavericks on my M6600. Here's the situation:

Hardware: Dell M6600 with
- i7 2720M quad core CPU
- 16GB RAM
- 1920x1080 17" display
- Onboard (HD3000 right?) + Nvidia Quadro 3000M graphics (with Optimus...sigh)
- Rest is fairly standard.

The BIOS settings are typical, with AHCI enabled and Optimus disabled (which makes the Nvidia Quadro primary)

I created the Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support", and I can get the Mavericks installer to boot and show up on the laptop display with only "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". The install goes smoothly, and in Multibeast, I use a DSDT free setup with the following settings:

- A definition of "Macbook Pro 8,1"
- Patched AppleIntelCPUManagement
- 3rd party SATA
- The latest AppleIntele1000 driver
- PS/2 keyboard/trackpad/mouse
- Other typical settings, with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Post install it boots from the local HDD just fine (the HDD is configured for a GPT partition), with GraphicsEnabler = Yes, and the onboard display works at native resolution with hardware aceleration using the Quadro 3000M. The keyboard, network, USB, display, Bluetooth all work. The trackpad and sound are currently not working, but I'm sure I just have to find the right kexts for that.

The CPU power management is working as such with the Patched AICPM as I can see the CPU switching between x8 and higher multipliers.

The big problem is that sleep is not working, and if that doesn't work, it's a big issue of course. When the system tries to go to sleep, the display goes dark, but the system stays on, and won't even wake up. I have to do a hard reset to get it back.

Any pointers on getting sleep to work? I've tried reading till I'm blue in the face with various methods, but I must be missing something obvious.

Help?

Hi Guys. After setting up my Z77 based desktop with Mavericks (which works great as such), I'm having a little bit of trouble setting up Mavericks on my M6600. Here's the situation:

Hardware: Dell M6600 with
- i7 2720M quad core CPU
- 16GB RAM
- 1920x1080 17" display
- Onboard (HD3000 right?) + Nvidia Quadro 3000M graphics (with Optimus...sigh)
- Rest is fairly standard.

The BIOS settings are typical, with AHCI enabled and Optimus disabled (which makes the Nvidia Quadro primary)

I created the Unibeast USB with "Laptop Support", and I can get the Mavericks installer to boot and show up on the laptop display with only "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". The install goes smoothly, and in Multibeast, I use a DSDT free setup with the following settings:

- A definition of "Macbook Pro 8,1"
- Patched AppleIntelCPUManagement
- 3rd party SATA
- The latest AppleIntele1000 driver
- PS/2 keyboard/trackpad/mouse
- Other typical settings, with GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Post install it boots from the local HDD just fine (the HDD is configured for a GPT partition), with GraphicsEnabler = Yes, and the onboard display works at native resolution with hardware aceleration using the Quadro 3000M. The keyboard, network, USB, display, Bluetooth all work. The trackpad and sound are currently not working, but I'm sure I just have to find the right kexts for that.

The CPU power management is working as such with the Patched AICPM as I can see the CPU switching between x8 and higher multipliers.

The big problem is that sleep is not working, and if that doesn't work, it's a big issue of course. When the system tries to go to sleep, the display goes dark, but the system stays on, and won't even wake up. I have to do a hard reset to get it back.

Any pointers on getting sleep to work? I've tried reading till I'm blue in the face with various methods, but I must be missing something obvious.

Help?

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Here you go.

Attachments

• Kapil’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 190
I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

When the system goes to sleep (either automatically or manually) it "seems" to be doing everything it should prior to going to sleep (HDDs turn off, display turns off/dark, writes the hibernation info to the HDD etc), but it never actually goes to sleep.

The power button stays lit, Bluetooth indicator stays lit (I don';t have a compatible wifi card in yet, but I'm assuming it would stay on as well), optical drive light stays lit and the fans are still on.

The USB ports work flawlessly as such, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (after using the universal 3.0 kext from Multibeast).

I'm not sure if that is the case or not.

When the system goes to sleep (either automatically or manually) it "seems" to be doing everything it should prior to going to sleep (HDDs turn off, display turns off/dark, writes the hibernation info to the HDD etc), but it never actually goes to sleep.

The power button stays lit, Bluetooth indicator stays lit (I don';t have a compatible wifi card in yet, but I'm assuming it would stay on as well), optical drive light stays lit and the fans are still on.

The USB ports work flawlessly as such, both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 (after using the universal 3.0 kext from Multibeast).

Try it ... see what happens. You could also check system.log for a 'Wake Reason' around the time you attempted *sleep*.

Things get pretty weird if a stray wakeup signal is detected very early in sleep like that...

Negative Ghostrider. Didn't do anything positive or negative. Still the same.

Is it possible that since my sound and trackpad are not working yet, they are somehow causing Mavericks to not sleep? I also still have the Intel Centrino wifi card in the machine, which of course is not working with OSX (a broadcom card is on order). Could that be causing sleep issues?

Negative Ghostrider. Didn't do anything positive or negative. Still the same.

Post ioreg.

Is it possible that since my sound and trackpad are not working yet, they are somehow causing Mavericks to not sleep? I also still have the Intel Centrino wifi card in the machine, which of course is not working with OSX (a broadcom card is on order). Could that be causing sleep issues?

Unsupported PCI cards can be a problem (although I have Intel WiFi unsupported and it isn't an issue, so not always).

It can also be DSDT issues.

Check system.log for clues. Also realize that sleep does not start in Mavericks until about T+~18 sec (where T is the time you requested sleep via Apple->Sleep).

Here's the IOreg.

You think physically removing the wifi/bluetooth cards may help (at least for testing)?

As far as DSDTs are concerned...I'm a lil green on tackling their issues.:oops:

Attachments

• Kapil’s MacBook Pro2.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 179
Here's the IOreg.

Just verifying that the patch was effective... property injection is there...

You think physically removing the wifi/bluetooth cards may help (at least for testing)?

If it is easy, it's worth a try.

As far as DSDTs are concerned...I'm a lil green on tackling their issues.:oops:

It can be tricky...

First step is to figure out what is really going on...

It could also have something to with AGPM (graphics power management). See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...tive-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back