Contribute
Register

Need a graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
400 / 500 series No! Some Fermi chipsets are not supported anymore and you may find yourself posting in the hundredandplenty post thread of non-supported cards. Rather go the 600 series (Kepler) route - although way overpriced, they are known to be supported OOB. (660Ti) although cards with 2GB or more still need a patch to enable OpenCL.

ATI= Agreed. A friend is running the 6850 and says it's an awesome card in it's price range.

- About the patch for GTX 660Ti cards to enable OpenCL, do you mean the MultiBeast one?
- Do ATI 6850 cards work OOB in Mountain Lion too?
- Any comment on GT 640 cards, GTX 560 and 560 Ti cards?

Thanks.

400 / 500 series No! Some Fermi chipsets are not supported anymore and you may find yourself posting in the hundredandplenty post thread of non-supported cards. Rather go the 600 series (Kepler) route - although way overpriced, they are known to be supported OOB. (660Ti) although cards with 2GB or more still need a patch to enable OpenCL.

ATI= Agreed. A friend is running the 6850 and says it's an awesome card in it's price range.

What. witch 400/500 series Nvidia cards aren't supported?

Is it possible to have windows and Mountain lion, and i choose which one i want to use at start up. This would be so i can play some games that are only windows compatible. I know that there is a windows out there that is only capable of reading 32 gigs of ram, anybody know of one that i can run using my 64 gigs of ram?

Answer to the first question is yes.

If you buy the 64bit version of windows you can have as much ram as you want. The 32bit version can only have 4GB.

Thanks for the replies! One last quick question, Will i need any extra fans or cables or does all my parts come with the needed fans and cables? Thanks

Everything will come with fans and the needed cables.

I am planning on making a Hackintosh and i need a good graphics card that is Mountain lion compatible. I would like this graphics card to be cheap and able to play games such as battlefield. My parts consist of:

GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD5 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA

Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E 3.6GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost)

CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 (CMPSU-430CXV2) 430W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

I would also like to know if all my parts are compatible with each other, and should i change any of my parts.

I also would like to know if this Power Supply is enough power for my build, and if not, what is a good cheap power supply for my build?

Thanks

Noobofallnoobs

Your selected power supply is a bit thin and could have a greater load placed upon it that what it can deliver.

Suggest you get something in the 550 to 600 watts that is spec 80 Bronze or Silver - I like Antec NEO unit s or PC power and cooling

And a cheap power supply has cheap componets which means if it comes to sparks or smoke then your MB and the rest of the componets in you system are subject to getting fried cook busted and you will need to replace them as well as the Power Supply.

Believe it or not their is a company that provides insurance on your Computer that is very inexpensive and covers everything @ 100% replacement value. Great in an area of the USofA that has thunder and lighting storms.

What. witch 400/500 series Nvidia cards aren't supported?

Fermi cards with the GF108 & GF116 chipset. They work OOB for general use, but sleep/ display sleep and most fullscreen apps & games either freeze or exit to a blue/black screen. Examples: 430/450/520/530/550.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back