Contribute
Register

Need a graphic card for an old-ish build (Intel series 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87N-WIFI Rev. 2.0
CPU
i7-4770k Haswell
Graphics
Onboard Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!
I want to use my hackintosh for a video editing projet. I'm looking to upgrade the build with graphic card that idealy can support 4k, if that's is possible. I can't completely understant what's compatible or not between old and new. Any recommendations for a build along those lines?
  • MB: GA-Z87N-WIFI
  • CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
  • RAM: 16GB 1600Mhz DDR3 (8x2)
  • PSU: Corsair CS 550 Watt Modular
thanks!

Assuming that the video editing apps are Adobe, then look at towards the higher end late model nvidia cards and see what best suits your budget. There is a video portion of the forum that you may find handy:

FCPX prefers AMD cards, but getting hold of these right now present challenges due to the recent surge in cryptocurrency mining. There are threads that look at running RX4** and RX5** cards and there is information on which models to buy. - This area is still a bit of a moving target in general upgrade reliability but there is some hope that things will soon settle down with Apple introducing new hardware.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/categories/system-usage.19/

Assuming that the video editing apps are Adobe, then look at towards the higher end late model nvidia cards and see what best suits your budget. There is a video portion of the forum that you may find handy:

FCPX prefers AMD cards, but getting hold of these right now present challenges due to the recent surge in cryptocurrency mining. There are threads that look at running RX4** and RX5** cards and there is information on which models to buy. - This area is still a bit of a moving target in general upgrade reliability but there is some hope that things will soon settle down with Apple introducing new hardware.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/categories/system-usage.19/
Sir, thanks for the clues. I'll happilly read the above thread and search for the provided keywords

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back