Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have been researching into the Hackintosh for a while now (mainly due to wanting the mac OS without paying the price of a mac made by Apple).

I've been wanting to keep the price of the hackintosh quite low, mainly because I have other things I need to spend money on at the moment - but £250 is probably my limit at the current moment in time.

I already have a spare NVIDIA GeForce 210 laying about the house, but have few other parts what so other (except the monitor, keyboard and mouse etc).

I have a 160gb old hard drive laying about somewhere as well which I would be willing to use for the time being until the future, but that's where the parts I own comes to a stop.

I have no Mac or any friends I could use to make a bootable drive so the only option seems to be purchasing the Snow Leopard DVD from Apple for the actual OS installation.

But I was wondering if anyone could recommend any parts that I could use that would keep within my budget but not sacrifice too much on performance.

After watching a video, someone used an Intel Celeron, Nvidia GeForce 210 and Gigabyte
GA-H61M-HD2 with 4gb Ram.

I was just wondering if there's anything better I could order or add to bump up the specifications a bit, mainly for future proofing. Something like a Core i3/5 or better graphics. Just things like that but to keep in my budget.

God knows if it's possible, but I figure I have the best hope asking you lot for advice!

Thanks in advance :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back