Sapphire 7750 Ultimate (fanless)
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hiya,

I need a preferably cheap non RAID 4 port SATA controller that is compatible with Mavericks and Windows 7/8.1.

I would really appreciate some advice since I have like 3 different controllers here and none of them work with the hackintosh. I'm reluctant to increase the size of my collection lol. The ones I have are all Syba branded - Atheros and Marvell chipsets.

Thanks.
BRICK P O W E R
lol

Hiya,

I need a preferably cheap non RAID 4 port SATA controller that is compatible with Mavericks and Windows 7/8.1.

I would really appreciate some advice since I have like 3 different controllers here and none of them work with the hackintosh. I'm reluctant to increase the size of my collection lol. The ones I have are all Syba branded - Atheros and Marvell chipsets.

Thanks.
BRICK P O W E R
lol

Check out the "HighPoint Rocket 640L" as it provides 4 additional internal SATA ports that are seen by OS X as 3Gb/s or 6Gb/s. These ports are seen as native and can boot from drives attached to same.

See Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=HighPoint+Rocket+640L&N=-1&isNodeId=1

I did note in my evaluation of this card that SATA III performance was better with the Intel ports. Sorry that I don't have the data to share. This card will also support hardware RAID.

Good modding,
neil

Thanks Neil!

Two are ordered!

Unfortunately, the highpoint Rocket 640L seems to have some issues with the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H motherboard. I ordered 2 cards and tested them in 2 motherboards. I could eventually get them to boot by only attaching HDDs to them. BUT boot with Chimera took over half an hour. For some reason the little line thing in the top left just spins really really really slowly until finally it boots. I'm not exaggerating when I say it takes half an hour. When it does eventually boot, it seems to work fine.

However, when I attach a SATA Bluray Rewriter to the card, the BIOS just hangs at the main BIOS screen. Can't select anything. The only option is to shut down and remove the card. I tried it with BIOS versions F7 and F8. Same thing.

Using the Syba Pex40057 causes no such issues. I can attach HDDs or Bluray. It boots quickly straight into Mac OSX.

BTW I'm looking to sell a couple of brand new Highpoint Rocket 640L cards.

Unfortunately, the highpoint Rocket 640L seems to have some issues with the Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H motherboard. I ordered 2 cards and tested them in 2 motherboards. I could eventually get them to boot by only attaching HDDs to them. BUT boot with Chimera took over half an hour. For some reason the little line thing in the top left just spins really really really slowly until finally it boots. I'm not exaggerating when I say it takes half an hour. When it does eventually boot, it seems to work fine.

However, when I attach a SATA Bluray Rewriter to the card, the BIOS just hangs at the main BIOS screen. Can't select anything. The only option is to shut down and remove the card. I tried it with BIOS versions F7 and F8. Same thing.

Using the Syba Pex40057 causes no such issues. I can attach HDDs or Bluray. It boots quickly straight into Mac OSX.

BTW I'm looking to sell a couple of brand new Highpoint Rocket 640L cards.

I recently installed the IO Crest SI-PEX40064 (Sata III 4 Port PCIE controller). Uses the Marvell 88SE9215 chipset. Works like a charm. Cost is around $25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back