Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte P67A-UD3R-B3
CPU
i3-2120
Graphics
9600GT
Can we use MultiBeast to install driver for NEC USB 3.0 generic pcie card on a Mac Pro ?

I know this reply is a little late but I did on a NEC card I purchased on ebay and it worked like a charm after install I repaired permissions and restarted and all work great no issues yet.

I know this reply is a little late but I did on a NEC card I purchased on ebay and it worked like a charm after install I repaired permissions and restarted and all work great no issues yet.

Are you getting true USB 3 speeds through it? I've read elsewhere here that some have seen USB 3 speeds listed in System Profiler, but they're actually getting USB 2 speeds when using it.

Your not going to get USB 3.0 speeds on a logic board that is not equipped to run USB 3.0 speeds.
It will run USB 2.0 speeds as that is what the logic board is built with and I don't think a software or kext inject will cure that.

Remember the card is plugged into the PCI slot and that is where the 3.0 support ends, the kext will help support the card but the logic board its self doesn't run that speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back