Contribute
Register

NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 firmware upgrade for DOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
thelostswede said:
There's a separate thread for updating the VLI hubs,
I think you mean this one? http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=19465&start=20
The fact you posted the info there made me believe it would effect my board. ;)

thelostswede said:
but yes, if you have multiple chips, you have to do it in Dos.
Argh! :crazy:
thelostswede said:
You can find several guides on how to make a bootable USB device in Windows 7, just Google it. Easiest way is using a tool from HP and downloading the Win 98 boot files. You'd have to do this to upgrade the VLI firmwares anyhow, at least if you're running a 64-bit version of Windows, as their Windows updater only supports 32-bit Windows... o_O
Here's the download link to the VLI firmwares http://www.via-labs.com/en/support/down ... p#firmware it's not exactly new though and I've pointed out to them that some people here are having problems, but so far, nothing.
You have some strange firmware version on your NEC/Renesas chips though, never seen that one and the latest is meant to be 3.0.2.8... go figure :think:
This firmware seems to be introduced with different chips on B3 boards, found that on a different forum, just attached a screenshot, not the link, it´s German and probably not helpful here.

But as this is now definitely off the original threat I´ll just continue to monitor the Z68 Hub threat. Thanks again for your help!

Attachments

• firmware 4015.jpg
    firmware 4015.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 656
Has anyone ever got Sleep to work correctly with a Renesas Chip on a Hackintosh? I have asked in multiple threads never had a reply.

I have updated my firmware to 3028 but still no joy with Autosleep or indeed manually selecting Sleep when a drive is connected to the USB 3.0 port.

This behaviour is the same on both my GA-X58-USB3 board and on my GA-X58A-UD3R board.

Same here :( Unloading the kext helps. Waiting for any solution.

Updating USB 3.0 Kext helped to resolve the sleep issue! Great! :headbang:

Please elaborate. Where did you get the updates kext from?

This one helps!

Attachments

• PXHCD.kext.zip
    209.9 KB · Views: 229
Just for info, I got the same FW version as "Say Heading" : Version 4015 in an Alienware M17xR3. Also having problems with the USB ports not working, so time to find that VLI thread.

Jim989 said:
Just for info, I got the same FW version as "Say Heading" : Version 4015 in an Alienware M17xR3. Also having problems with the USB ports not working, so time to find that VLI thread.

Firmware version 4015 means you have the low power version of the NEC/Renesas uPD720200, called the uPD720200A. That is the latest version afaik for that USB 3.0 host controller.

A new firmware for the NEC/Renesas USB 3.0 uPD720200 has been issued since thelostswede started this thread.
The update went flawlessly on my GA-P55-USB3.

Use as described in said first post.

Attachments

• NEC_Renesas_303408_FW.zip
    71.4 KB · Views: 180
Know what you mean. I tested the USB3.0 solution in MultiBeast for my NEC/Renesas adaptor and cannot for the life of me figure out why that solution has replaced the modified Lacie PXHCD kext from previous versions of MB :crazy:. Not only does it not work at all, but it also disables sleep. Removed the 3 kexts MB installed and went back to the single PXHCD kext, and USB3.0 is happy :clap: again. One of the reasons I do not rely on MultiBeast. It's too hit and miss sometimes... but I always like to try new solutions anyway in case one becomes outdated. The PXHCD kext provides solid USB3.0 performance on my system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back