Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Custom Build
CPU
Core i7 3770k
Graphics
GTX 670
Is there any way to get this controller to work? The hub dies when the install disk begins to boot and "still waiting for root" shows up which I guess is expected. I also can't get the eSATAp port to work. Are they somehow related? Does anyone know about any possible workaround?

Laptop:
Dell XPS 15z L511z

Last edited:
Is there any way to get this controller to work? The hub dies when the install disk begins to boot and "still waiting for root" shows up which of I guess is expected. I also can't get the eSATAp port to work. Are they somehow related? Does anyone know about any possible workaround?

Laptop:
Dell XPS 15z L511z

Try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
But for installation, you should probably be using an Intel USB2 Intel port.

Try GenericUSBXHCI.kext.
But for installation, you should probably be using an Intel USB2 Intel port.
Installing GenericUBXHCI didn't solve the problem, it still can't find the root device. Also plugging into the eSATAp changes nothing, still it waits for root device. Console shows the USBMSC non unique identifier messeage. GenericUBXHCI compains that bus 14 already taken. Changing the port when the prohibited sign is shown, the USBMSC non unique identifier message is shown on the console. USB ports dies when darwin starts to load.

This might be uncommon but I restored the installer image to partition on my SATA HDD. Used clover to boot and still it waits for the root device. Could the os be installed this way?

I thought GenericUSBXHCI.kext didn't work with 10.11.x or later versions or has something changed? I am trying to install the 10.10.5.

Installing GenericUBXHCI didn't solve the problem, it still can't find the root device. Also plugging into the eSATAp changes nothing, still it waits for root device. Console shows the USBMSC non unique identifier messeage. GenericUBXHCI compains that bus 14 already taken. Changing the port when the prohibited sign is shown, the USBMSC non unique identifier message is shown on the console. USB ports dies when darwin starts to load.

This might be uncommon but I restored the installer image to partition on my SATA HDD. Used clover to boot and still it waits for the root device. Could the os be installed this way?

I thought GenericUSBXHCI.kext didn't work with 10.11.x or later versions or has something changed? I am trying to install the 10.10.5.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

I know, sorry. Anyway the problem is now fixed. Just had to restore the image once again. It is installed now. Thanks for the response.

Is there any any possibility of getting the USB 3 to work with 10.11+?

oh Good lord.

Non Intel USB3: GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Devices must be plugged in prior to boot (Hotplug is problematic).
Intel USB3 is native.

Non Intel USB3: GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Devices must be plugged in prior to boot (Hotplug is problematic).
Intel USB3 is native.
I use for my laptop that also has nec/Renesas usb3 a patched appelUSBXHCI.kext witch is located in IOUSBHostFamily.kext plugins

here it is the patched file

Attachments

• AppleUSBXHCI.kext.zip
    145.4 KB · Views: 794
I use for my laptop that also has nec/Renesas usb3 a patched appelUSBXHCI.kext witch is located in IOUSBHostFamily.kext plugins

here it is the patched file

The patches for AppleUSBXHCI in 10.10 and earlier are well known.
In fact, they are provided in config_patches.plist which is linked from my guide:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

But since the kexts have completely changed in 10.11, that won't help with 10.11 and later.

Note original question (which you ignored):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back