Contribute
Register

[Nearly Success] Catalina on DELL Inspiron 7590

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using dw1560 without issues on 7590. Just dropped the typical wifi kexts on clover folder. @NewbeeSy
I will keep using clover for now . Opencore and multi boot is a mess, it doesnt drop the dsdt and the rest of patches, so windows keeps thinking it is an actual mac.
This week I updated to the new master from old-master on @saintno1997 git repository. I tried to use the python script but when I run --build I got an exception and 404 when it tries to gather files from acidanthera repository and it exits execution, so I did it manually the best I could. (I created an issue on github with more details, traceback included)
Sleep works better (I have to test if the auto-power on when opening the lid works correctly now with the new patches) but my trackpad stopped working, really weird (I'm using a mouse and trying to figure out what I did wrong). Sound now works fine in every boot-up. And the hdmi audio works too (blinking bug as expected, but is ok). it only boots in verbose mode don't know why, some dsdt conflict maybe, but everything seems to work fine.
UPDATE:
I got the trackpad working using kexts from old-master
I haven't unlocked yet bios voltage. I plan to do it these days, so voltageshift works correctly.
I've already done it, it is pretty easy
I set 0x6F0 and 0x78C to 0x00. I didn't set DGPU to 0x00 so I'm using it on Windows and Linux
It's important to do this step, or you'll be loosing a lot of performance, bios update 1.6.0 gives less performance by default.
Before update I was in 1.4.X (I don't remember which one exactly), I was getting arround 2300 cinebench points. Before update without changing values I was getting 1900 (WTF! 400 points less because of yes)
Once I changed the values I got 2298 (seems legit before CVE patches in the bios)
Anyways, it keeps getting thermal throtling maybe a repaste would help.

I think I will write a top-down guide with information better structured so it is more comprehensive

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2020-03-18 a las 17.26.28.png
    Captura de pantalla 2020-03-18 a las 17.26.28.png
    29 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
For the people with dell notebooks wich comes in Raid mode.
You dont need to reinstall windows to change to ahci.

just follow this steps and in five minutes you're good to go:

1. Click the Start Button and type cmd
  2. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator
  3. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /set {current} safeboot minimal (ALT: bcdedit /set safeboot minimal)
  4. Restart the computer and enter BIOS Setup
  5. Change the SATA Operation mode to AHCI from either IDE or RAID
  6. Save changes and exit Setup and Windows will automatically boot to Safe Mode.
  7. Right-click the Windows Start Menu once more. Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
  8. Type this command and press ENTER: bcdedit /deletevalue {current} safeboot (ALT: bcdedit /deletevalue safeboot)
  9. Reboot once more and Windows will automatically start with AHCI drivers enabled.
I did that, resized de 512Gb NVMe and created more partitions and now i have Linux, Mac OS Catalina and the original dell windows install.

Plus i confirm that thundebolt display is possible, at least i got it working with my dell g5 5590. see the thread i created for this matter. I attached my config.plist there.

Howdy Lads, I have a small query (and I apologize for digging up this old thread).

I recently, created a hackintosh for this machine (7590) based on this repo. Really worked great as a mac, however I appear to be in quite a pickle now.

I used opencore bootloader and I think somehow the DGPU is permanently disabled on windows.

I understand the gpu needs to be disabled for proper hackintosh support, and I know if you boot into windows using opencore, it'll apply the ssdt/dsdt files which could disable the DGPU. However, I have tried to revert these changes to no avail.

What I've Done To Try And Fix:
1. Used the Dell Bios Recovery Tool (which I believe downloads a factory image for the laptop and installs it
2. Completely wiped the ssd in the bios
3. Created a new windows usb install media
4. Done a clean install of windows

All of this to no avail. When I boot into windows, the machine doesn't register the gtx 1650 at all, its as if it doesn't exist (not in device manager, nvidia drivers can't find it).

Has anyone encountered this issue before, and if so, any ideas on how to get it back? Not even worried about keeping opencore right now, just trying to get windows working again.

Thanks in advance!

Hello.
@saintno1997 : I try to install Catalina on my inspiron 7391 2 in 1. Clover boot but I have a kernel panic imediatly. I don't understand why. My bios is updated since few day. Any ideas ?
I don't have specific wifi card (intel card original) and don't have ethernet port. Can you help me ?
Many thanks

Hello.
@saintno1997 : I try to install Catalina on my inspiron 7391 2 in 1. Clover boot but I have a kernel panic imediatly. I don't understand why. My bios is updated since few day. Any ideas ?
I don't have specific wifi card (intel card original) and don't have ethernet port. Can you help me ?
Many thanks
I help YOU!
Write me :)

Hello.
Many thanks
Have you tried OC yet? I'm using OC on my Inspiron 5570 and it works. Try my EFI or @Mrgeque 's EFI here , although you may have to adjust some settings because of different model numbers etc.
Are the specs your profile current as well? if not what are your specs? lmk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back