2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My first Hack is complete and nearly perfect. I'm now diving in on what I think are the last details. Here's the build:

GIGABYTE GA-Z270X-UD5
Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB
Samsung - 960 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB Kit (16GBx2) DDR4 2400

Pioneer BDR 209DBK Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
OSXWiFi BCM94360CD in PCIe Adapter
Logitech HD Pro C920 Webcam

Seagate Archive 8TB 3.5”

be quiet! Dark Base PRO 900 Case, Silver
Corsair - HX750i 750W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
be quiet! Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler
AOC U2879VF 28” 3840x2160 60Hz. Monitor

I think my next step is the full custom config of USBInjectAll.kext, USB Power Property Injection and other details. I'm moving slowly now because most everything is working so well. But I'm just assuming I've missed something because I don't really understand everything that I've done to make this all work so well. ;-)

I would love to get any specific advice on how to best proceed, or any problems I should/can fix. Config file set attached.

Known Problems:
- USB-connected Apogee Duet as FaceTime: output works, but input allows selection but reverts to unselected state
- Slow wake from sleep

Works:
Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
Basic sleep/wake function
Continuity/Handoff with above FaceTime audio exception
AirDrop from Phone and iPad and back again
Playing Blue-Ray
Display at Full Resolution and also Scaled resolutions through GTX 1070
Decent Geekbench for non-overclocked 7700k ( Single: 5754; Multi: 20434 )
Decent (I think) Cinebench R15 OpenGL at 92.72fps
802.11ac basic connection and speed test
Logitech C920 basic function (FaceTime; Skype)
iTunes basic playback

Untested:
Intel 630 graphics (beyond early boot up at low resolution)
Full Thunderbolt/USB3.1 Functionality
Full audit of Bluetooth
HDMI AUdio
On-board Audio
USB High-Current
Case integrated Qi charging pad (See be quiet! Darkbase Pro 900)
iTunes and Logic Pro X performance with the system under load

Attachments

• D-Chef z270x-UD5-2017-10-27.zip
    3.4 MB · Views: 255
My system is essentially the same. How did you install?

A lot of mistakes in my early attempts, because it was a clean new system I just “went for it”. Ha ha!

I wasn’t sure why I couldn’t see my NVMe drive, but once I installed on a fast SSD USB 3.0 I have, I was able to first install from there and then after a few tries got the Clover stuff all booting straight from the SSD with no assist from the USB drive.

So, essentially:

USB Installer -> USB SSD -> NVMe SSD

D.

This morning I woke up the new Hack (see Post #1) and had a notification that I should eject Big8 (the 8TB Seagate Archive internal SATA drive) before disconnecting it or powering it off. I've already had multiple successful sleep/wake cycles over several days, so I'm not sure where to look. Nothing has changed since post #1 here.

Disk Utility does not show the drive, even as an unmounted volume.

Under System Information, I find there is 6 "Generic General AHCI Controller" entries, and the first one shows an item "unknown" under it, indented. I'm guessing this is my Big8 drive. Selecting it, I get:

Unknown:

Native Command Queuing: No
Detachable Drive: No

Any ideas for me? Today I'll be diving in to my clover config and other fine details, but I've just been researching so far.

how did you start the sound?

@D-Chef

I can't get work my GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i7-7700K - Samsung 960 PRO M.2, its work internal graphic on your board?

@D-Chef

I can't get work my GA-Z170X-UD5-TH - i7-7700K - Samsung 960 PRO M.2, its work internal graphic on your board?

I had internal graphics working in a basic way when I first installed MacOS, but then got a 1070 and focused on making that work right. One big key to making everything work has been to go carefully through the "Fix iMessage" guide, to ensure good serial numbers, etc. I have Messages, Continuity and Unlock with Apple Watch all working well.

At this time, I'm still troubled by a problem described in another thread. If I reboot, I go into a reboot loop. To fix it, I have to boot using the basic EFI on my USB drive to boot my main SSD root, Open my main SSD EFI and remove nvram.plist and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi, reboot using the SSD EFI (now Nvidia Web Drivers will be disabled) and then run the installer for the Nvidia Web Drivers and reboot. The system will now come up correctly, but if I then reboot again, I will be back in the reboot loop and I have to go through this whole dance again.

I'm thinking this is related to my original misguided installation of Clover, even though I've since updated its version and done many tweaks to config.plist and the various Kexts and Drivers. So today I'm going to try reinstalling Clover with the correct RC Scripts, drivers, options, and Kext Edits to (hopefully correctly) recreate my working main boot EFI minus the reboot problem.

Once I can fix this problem, I'll test a few others things and then post status. If things are working well, I'll post my Build with all the examples (EFI contents, etc.)

For me, part of the point of this is to get my head wrapped around the details of the low-level system again. (I'm an old Hardware and Unix guy and did new product introductions and service readiness at Silicon Graphics in the late 80's and early 90's, so I used to know this sort of stuff intimately) It's fun investigating the problems and right now I have a very fast and usable system so long as I don't reboot. When I get it working, I'll also pour over the details of the differences between the working EFI and these "sort of working" EFI's that I've saved at various stages over the weeks. (Yes, and L/E contents as well) I've already learned a heck of a lot, so a big thanks to the whole Hackintosh community, especially here at TonyMacX86.com.

d.

Great D-Chef I will waiting fro you Build, please could you add to you build m.2 960 pro Samsung or similar, they actually should work native now.

Thanks

Great D-Chef I will waiting fro you Build, please could you add to you build m.2 960 pro Samsung or similar, they actually should work native now.

Thanks

If you look at post #1 in this thread, you'll see my full hardware build. And it includes a 500GB M.2 Samsung nVME 960 EVO and I have it running native without any trouble from BIOS, EFI, or macOS.

Been doing a little reading today, prepping to go in for this EFI rebuild. Wish me luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back