Contribute
Register

(Near) Perfect High Sierra Setup on Z77x-UD5H / Ivy Bridge i5 / RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm trying to resurrect my old hack that I killed while trying to install Catalina on it. I've been trying to get it back up and running on High Sierra, but to no avail.

From initial boot to install the OS, this happens:
*Clover bootloader screen
*Runs through verbose
*Gets to Apple logo
*Gets to Disk utilities, etc
*Erase disk to install High Sierra on - AFPS/GUID, no issues
*Install OS - goes fine for a few mins, then close to the end, the computer restarts automatically - not sure if this is meant to happen, or if this is the issues
*At Clover bootloader, I choose the newly installed High Sierra installation from my SSD.
*Runs through verbose
*I get a kernel panic, and it ends with the line - "Please go to https://panic.apple.com to report this panic".

See attached screenshot and EFI that I've adapted from the OP of this thread.

Hardware:
*Gigabyte Z77xUD5H Mobo
*Intel Core i& 3770k CPU
*32GB Kingston DDR3 1600 Hyper Blu
*Using IGPU, but have GT-430x if needed - I don't think this is compatible with later OSX iterations, however.

Please help, I've tried everything - different OSX iterations, opencore, various bios and clover settings, built from scratch, copied EFIs (tweaking Serials, etc), I just can't get it to work - I never had this issue with the original installation and it's driving me crazy.

TIA

Attachments

• EFI for High Sierra UD5H i7 3770k.zip
    20.5 MB · Views: 160
  • kernal panic hackintosh.jpg
    kernal panic hackintosh.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 100
HD4000 graphics work with High Sierra, your Gigabyte mobo is compatible too so High Sierra should work for you.
I've tried everything - different OSX iterations, opencore, various bios and clover settings
Have you been clearing NVRAM each time ? When you switch between Clover and OC you must do that. Why not make a HS Unibeast installer with Clover as your boot loader. Clear NVRAM by pressing F11 at the Clover Boot Menu and see what happens after that.

Just noticed you've got all your kexts in the 10.13 folder. Try putting just the essential kexts in the OTHER folder until you complete the intial installation. Remove all others except FakeSMC, Lilu and USBinjectall kexts. Wouldn't hurt to add Whatever green as well. IntelMausi kext is ok too.

Screen Shot 25.jpg

After pressing F11 it restarts and goes back to the Clover boot menu, then it restarts during a very speedy verbose menu when I try to boot OSX installed on my SSD.

I did create the USB using Unibeast, and configured it with Clover Configurator - Unibeast configuration alone didn't work either, hence all the searching and attempts to find a way to make it boot HS.

Just noticed you've got all your kexts in the 10.13 folder. Try putting just the essential kexts in the OTHER folder until you complete the intial installation. Remove all others except FakeSMC, Lilu and USBinjectall kexts. Wouldn't hurt to add Whatever green as well. IntelMausi kext is ok too.

View attachment 497896
Ok, will give that a go after work!

Unibeast configuration alone didn't work either, hence all the searching and attempts to find a way to make it boot HS.
See post #53. Your kexts are not where Unibeast puts them. Should be in the kexts/other folder.

Post not getting approved, I guess they don't like me including links to a video download.

So I:
  • Deleted the unnecessary kexts as outlined in post #53.
  • Moved the suggested kexts plus whatevergreen to the OTHER folder in Kexts Folder.
  • Wiped SSD - formatted with APFS/GUID
  • Reinstalled High Sierra - restarted at end of install as before
  • Pressed F11 to reset NVRAM at clover boot menu again
  • Tried to start OS from SSD at Clover boot menu
  • Machine restarts ad infinitum
See attached zip.

Attachments

• VID_20201123_215757.mp4.zip
    89.8 MB · Views: 90
Post not getting approved, I guess they don't like me including links to a video download.

So I:
  • Deleted the unnecessary kexts as outlined in post #53.
  • Moved the suggested kexts plus whatevergreen to the OTHER folder in Kexts Folder.
  • Wiped SSD - formatted with APFS/GUID
  • Reinstalled High Sierra - restarted at end of install as before
  • Pressed F11 to reset NVRAM at clover boot menu again
  • Tried to start OS from SSD at Clover boot menu
  • Machine restarts ad infinitum
See attached zip.
Any ideas anyone? It's automatically restarting at the end of the install, I'm not sure if this is part of the issue.

Can't boot from SSD after install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back