Contribute
Register

(Near) Perfect High Sierra Setup on Z77x-UD5H / Ivy Bridge i5 / RX 560

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
i did not yet remove the graphic card. That’s a good idea. But I did disconnect the power cord in order to dp the CMOS reset. The reset itselfs works and the BIOS shows up bit onve I adapt the settings as specified innthe guide it won’t work upon rebooting the BIOS. I am not sure which one of the settings is causing the problems.

So when you have the graphics working after doing the CMOS reset, is that the internal graphics or the PCI graphics card?

One thing that sticks out to me is that OP is using a 3570k and you have a 3770k. If I were you, I would just not touch any of the settings on the M.I.T. tab related to CPU and overclocking in the guide that is linked. I'm not sure if that's causing your problem but those aren't necessary changes and since you're troubleshooting you might as well leave those alone.

Then when you change the other settings from the guide, do one setting at a time, save and reset. You should be able to determine which setting is causing you trouble if you do it like that.

Just direct upgraded to Mojave. Everything seems pretty smooth here.

Needed kext for audio working and another one for TPLINK wifi. I'm also testing wake / sleep that never worked well with my GTX670: looks like sometimes work, others do enter on a wake / sleep loop...

Just direct upgraded to Mojave. Everything seems pretty smooth here.

Needed kext for audio working and another one for TPLINK wifi. I'm also testing wake / sleep that never worked well with my GTX670: looks like sometimes work, others do enter on a wake / sleep loop...
Can you post a config.plist that you use? I want to upgrade from Sierra (TheRaceMaster project) and need to now if is compatible o need to make some changes, and of course update kexts

Can you post a config.plist that you use? I want to upgrade from Sierra (TheRaceMaster project) and need to now if is compatible o need to make some changes, and of course update kexts
You have config.plist on the first post. I just removed ATI flags and -inject ATI.

Regarding the kexts, most are mostly the same. For MOJAVE you need also compatible AppleALC 1.3.2, LiLu 1.2.7 and IO80211Family kexts so you can have a working audio/wifi. Links are on this site.

Hi,
i did not yet remove the graphic card. That’s a good idea. But I did disconnect the power cord in order to dp the CMOS reset. The reset itselfs works and the BIOS shows up bit onve I adapt the settings as specified innthe guide it won’t work upon rebooting the BIOS. I am not sure which one of the settings is causing the problems.

Leave OS Type as Other.I ran into this problem before.Bless

I upgraded to Mojave, and everything works fine. Just make sure to use the the Clover from Tonymax86. The latest one from clover website has serious bugs.

Glad I found this thread. I have the same board but my graphics card is a HD7970. I'll give your EFI folder a try and hope it works.
As I wrote in another thread, my problem is that everything below 10.13.6 works perfect for me. But as soon as I try to update to 10.13.6 my screen turns black after install.
I even tried to do a clean install with Mojave, but again a black screen before the language selector appairs. I hope it's just a matter of kexts.

Did you enable both onboard graphic card as well? Even if you are not using it. That many solve the black screen issue.

Glad I found this thread. I have the same board but my graphics card is a HD7970. I'll give your EFI folder a try and hope it works.
As I wrote in another thread, my problem is that everything below 10.13.6 works perfect for me. But as soon as I try to update to 10.13.6 my screen turns black after install.
I even tried to do a clean install with Mojave, but again a black screen before the language selector appairs. I hope it's just a matter of kexts.

I did not have both cards enabled. Actually I haven't used the IGFX once so far. I tried to activate the IGFX to see if the installer works while using that one, but I wasn't able to make it work. That's why I thought it's broken. But after trying a couple of other things, I was finally able to make the IGFX work, although honestly I do not understand why it worked. Here's what I wrote in my own thread:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...reaching-installer-menue.262906/#post-1835750

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back