Graphics
Onboard HD 530
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I currently have an on-board Realtek card working with lnx2mac's driver, but I'm looking to install something that's natively supported by OS-X (snow leopard).

What's a decent card available at one of the large online retailers that fits the bill?

The Realtek works fine but for one annoyance that I'm can't put up with anymore - basically stopping any virtualization product (VMWare Fusion or Virtual Box) somehow breaks multicast and all the network browsing capabilities. Only fix is to yank the ethernet and put in again. Not a tragedy, but I'd love to resolve that.

Khan said:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=39195

It may be the same issue?

Nope. There's something different about the 3rd party drivers and how they handle what VMWare, Virtual Box and Parallels do with multicast.

Obviously all the VM makers aren't going to accommodate us, it has to happen on the driver side and that's way down on the list for anyone making non-native drivers.

Hence why I'm looking for something I can buy that will just work as if it's an internal card. Most of the chipsets that seem to be supported generally are found on on-board ethernet sadly and not in add-in cards. I would love to be proven wrong though. :)

Just installed Parallels in my GA-P55-usb3 and did not run into any trouble with the on board LAN with lnx2mac's newest driver downloaded from his site. Maybe worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back