Contribute
Register

NativeDisplayBrightness with GUI [fork]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only test when it will be released. But I believe it should work.
Maybe someone can report about this, who installed beta.

Hey, I just installed the Beta and the current release version (1.1) does *not* work. The app does not start up.
However, downloading the source code and compiling it myself via XCode resulted in a working app, so it should be as simple as recompiling on Catalina and releasing that build. As far as I can tell all features work, with no changes to the code being necessary.

Hey, I just installed the Beta and the current release version (1.1) does *not* work. The app does not start up.
However, downloading the source code and compiling it myself via XCode resulted in a working app, so it should be as simple as recompiling on Catalina and releasing that build. As far as I can tell all features work, with no changes to the code being necessary.
Works¡¡¡ Thanks

@byteminer @Docxavier
I just recompiled with the latest Xcode. Can you please try this build:

https://github.com/KAMIKAZEUA/NativeDisplayBrightness/releases/tag/v.1.1.1

I just wonder if it just works.
Also, what I've found - if I put build mode into - "Release", it stops working for me.

I can confirm that this specific build works on my Catalina Hackintosh.
I also tried building in Release mode and indeed the app ceases to function - it starts up and shows the menu bar icon, however it does not respond to either keyboard shortcuts or mouse clicks.

Edit:
As far as I can ascertain with my very limited knowledge of ObjectiveC, the error in Release mode appears in the file AppDelegate.m in line 259:
Objective-C:
[self.colorTemperatureMenu setView:self.colorTemperatureView.view];

Edit 2:
Specifically, I traced this fault down to ColortemperatureViewController.m, line 25:
Objective-C:
self.adjustColorTemperature.state = NSOffState;
Commenting out this line allows me to build and run in Release mode, however color adjustment functionality will not function properly, even though the UI seems to receive events correctly. I could not get any further than that given that I have no clue how macOS development works.

Last edited:
@KAMIKAZEUA,

Can the same method of using DDC/CI protocol be used to control a Monitors volume control ?
Would be a great addition to your app is possible ?

Cheers
Jay

Thanks, this is a fantastic utility!

working fine macOS Mojave, thank you for this fork.

I really love the idea of this little app. Just reporting it partially working for me! Using hackintosh with a Sapphire RX 580 on 10.14.6 Mojave with a Pair of HP Compaq LA2405wg Monitors (1920x1200) Both Connected via DP. It only works on the main monitor even after changing the active window as instructed as well as some other fiddling around like making the 2nd monitor the "Main Desktop" in Displays Settings. I wish it would just adjust both monitors equally as that is how Apple Cinema Displays used to work or at least give the option. I'll keep it installed because I still think its pretty neat! Hopefully a small update can fix this. I can't wait to switch to a single 49in Ultrawide and see if it just works!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back