Contribute
Register

Native USB 2.0 / USB 3.0 on Skylake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I removed custom USB SSDT, USBInjectAll.kext, genericUSB.kext and port limit patch from config.plist and restart. I put my USB 3 stick every port and note it. But I am just seeing HS port. There is no SSP. WHY is that?

You would be better to use a USB 3 hub as it shows as a USB 2 hub also.

I removed custom USB SSDT, USBInjectAll.kext, genericUSB.kext and port limit patch from config.plist and restart. I put my USB 3 stick every port and note it. But I am just seeing HS port. There is no SSP. WHY is that?
no, no, no... You need the USBinjectall.kext and raised port limit patch working when you make your map. Once you have your map you remove them both and run the script. Once the script created SSDT (based on your port map) is loaded via clover you will have working USB2/3 without the usbinjectall kext. You may still need the raised port limit patch depending on how many ports are active in your map.

g\

no, no, no... You need the USBinjectall.kext and raised port limit patch working when you make your map. Once you have your map you remove them both and run the script. Once the script created SSDT (based on your port map) is loaded via clover you will have working USB2/3 without the usbinjectall kext. You may still need the raised port limit patch depending on how many ports are active in your map.

g\

Thank you. I made it but my Bluetooth doesn't work. It shows no available.

My map looks like;

HS01- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 -- Case Front
HS02- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 -- Case Front
HS05- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 -- Mother Board Back
HS06- USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 -- Mother Board Back
HS09- USB 2.0 -- Mother Board Back
HS10- USB 2.0 -- Mother Board Back
HS14- Internal USB 2.0 WIFI-Bluetooth

SS01 - USB 3.0
SS02 - USB 3.0
SS05 - USB 3.0
SS06 - USB 3.0

Script's second question is 'are you using it as an internally connected port (For example WiFi/Bluetooth module)?'
I said yes for HS14 but no bluetooth?

How to activate the bluetooth?

Grab a USB stick and start plugging it into ALL of the ports with IORegistryExplorer open and you will see which port is which and create a list. Here is what mine ended up looking like when I was getting USB3.0 to work with El Capitan, the unused ones are all internal headers that I am not using:

USB2 Mapping
  • HS01 - unused
  • HS02 - unused
  • HS03 - ASM107x 4 below WIFI
  • HS04 - ASM107x 2 beside RJ45
  • HS05 - Top Left - Keyboard
  • HS06 - Top Right - Mouse
  • HS07 - unused
  • HS08 - Front Audio
  • HS09 - Front Left
  • HS10 - Front Right
  • HS11 - unused
  • HS12 - unused
  • HS13 - unused
  • HS14 - unused
USB3 Mapping
  • SSP1 - unused
  • SSP2 - unused
  • SSP3 - ASM107x 4 below WIFI
  • SSP4 - ASM107x 2 beside RJ45
  • SSP5 - Front Left
  • SSP6 - Front Right

With this script is your Bluetooth work? My all USB and Wifi works but no Bluetooth could you please check my ioreg file what am I doing wrong?

Attachments

• IOJones.iojones
    997.2 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
does this work with Asus P8Z77-V Pro ?

thanks

Perfect! I confirm the script (SSDT + remove-limit patch in config.plist) working on ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming-ITX/ac using xh_rvp08 in config.plist.
A very well done job, cnrd!
And thanks pike, as always!

Grab a USB stick and start plugging it into ALL of the ports with IORegistryExplorer open and you will see which port is which and create a list. Here is what mine ended up looking like when I was getting USB3.0 to work with El Capitan, the unused ones are all internal headers that I am not using:
The thing is that USB stick is not detected in half of my ports regardless if im using USBInjectAll or not.

Works on Clevo N15/17RD. Thank you @cnrd!

Same note:
- @cnrd i think that could be helpful to add in the first post that we should also disable EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02. And if not more in need, the max port patch. Also a quote of post #29 from @slim.jim could be helpful.
- During my stick USB pen attempt i noticed a strange behavior in ioreg. When I attach an USB 3.0 10 port HUB (instead of the USB pen) i get 2 ports activated in the same time. For example: plugging to SS03 active also HS03, HS02 -> SS1, HS09 -> SS05, etc. how should We behave in this case ? For security i opened all them (as they where usb external ports) and it works.
- @RehabMan do we still need usb_prw_0x6d_xhc_skl patch after this one ? i never applied it but was wondering if it is necessary, as i saw people having my CPU using it.

Attaching ioreg.

Attachments

• MacBook Pro di Marco.ioreg.zip
    670.9 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back